New Obsession

Indie music.

A boy I've been talking to - and who is actually the inspiration for a character in my new story - introduced me (kind of) to "indie music".

Now, let me preface this by saying I listen to every kind of music there is. Country, rock, pop, alternative, classical, broadway, you name it - I listen to it. However, because I don't discriminate by music genre, I tend to not know 100% what genre some songs and groups are. I don't mean like the obvious ones like Slipknot or Carrie Underwood or Jewel.

I'm talking about bands like Two Door Cinema Club, Arctic Monkeys, Phoenix, MGMT... the "indie bands" (so I've just learned). Before he showed me some other songs, I had already known of and loved Two Door Cinema Club. However, then he started showing me others like the aforementioned bands and like... I'm obsessed. So much so that they're what I'm listening to right now while I'm writing.

Right now, I've been listening to I Wanna Be Yours and Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys, as well as basically everything I can find by Two Door Cinema Club. I recommend the other bands I mentioned before too, but if you've been looking for just a really catchy band, I highly recommend Two Door Cinema Club (Sleep Alone, Something Good Can Work, Undercover Martyn, What You Know, Cigarettes in the Theater.... just a couple of my favorites by them).

What kind of music do you love? And do you have any favorites to recommend?
June 16th, 2015 at 02:11am