Lady and the Traveling Blues

It's been a while since I've written a blog post but I wanted to talk about traveling as a lady so here goes. I am currently planning a roadtrip to the lovely land of Los Angeles. I have never been there, my trips to California have been exclusively to San Diego and San Clemente, even then its been since high school. It seems silly to be hesitant to drive one state over alone when I went to entirely different country for 6 months alone but I am hesitant. However I just had a moment of, what the hell am I thinking? I'm an adult. Why am I so hesitant to go?

Then I thought it over, its beaten into our brains since we were kids that women traveling alone anywhere will have something terrible happen to them. There is a whole medley of films featuring this as a plot point. But what's so messed up is that this is a plot point in any woman's life. Seriously we are conditioned to be cautious all our lives. We are constantly told to be afraid of what some man would do to us when we aren't careful. It's this that causes me to be hesitant but I'm pushing that aside. I went to another country, traveled alone to places I've never been and survived just fine (knock on wood). I am tired of being scared of going places and letting that hold me back. Yes bad things can happen but with proper research and cautious nature I think its about damn time I take a trip.

I'm not one to go out clubbing, I'm planning trip to see botanical gardens, museums and bookstores in the Los Angeles area. I know not many would travel alone, it takes a certain mindset and yes it can be scary but it really is an experience. I want that experience in my own country. The United States is a country of 50 different states to visit and explore. I like to think of those states as different countries much like in Europe, except you don't need a passport to go.

Anyone that have any suggestions for places to visit while I'm in Los Angeles, I am all ears because I want to make the most of my trip.
June 22nd, 2015 at 10:41pm