Music Rec Two

Hey guys! So as I was thinking about all the things I need to get done in the next couple weeks before I head back to school, I realized that it's Sunday and it's been two weeks, which means I owe you another music review! Not that anyone is all that interested in my music preferences, but hey. I've got so many bands on my brain all the time, so I figured I'd share with you! :)

I do have quite a few things to rec this time! So lets get into it!

Marshall Traver
Image

So Marshall is someone I discovered at exactly the same time I found Set It Off (who I talked about in the last music rec blog: ONE). He was their merch guy at the time and my best friend, Dana, instantly noticed him and from then on Marshall became a big aspect of our friendship. Meaning, we talk about him a lot. I have to admit, Dana listened to his music and was into it a lot faster than I was.

But eventually I gave it the listen it deserved and I'm honestly really, really impressed with Marshall. He's doing everything on his own and the quality of songs he's putting out is really good. He's released three of them one by one, rather than in an album, and each one is good, lyrically. Honestly, they remind me of SIO a bit, but he's best friends with the band, so their music style is going to be somewhat similar. Although it's not too similar that it throws me off.

Hostage:


Unfortunately there aren't any music videos or anything, but the songs are worth a listen! Marshall is really talented and he really impresses. He's managed to break out of being SIO's merch guy and write his own music. He comes across as a normal guy whose putting himself out there and making awesome music.

Killer:


Marie:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC518hr2aVk[/img]

So go check him out! He deserves so much more recognition than he's getting right now. He's honestly so humble and grateful and makes a huge effort to communicate with his fanbase. He's one of those guys who deserves everything good that comes his way! Can't wait to see him go ever farther.

Bad Seed Rising
Image

The crazy thing about this band is that they're all under eighteen. Even crazier, they were all about 13/14 when Bad Seed Rising came together. At only 17 now, the lead singer's voice is so powerful that it really blows me away. Their young age shows in a few lyrics here and there, but otherwise I'm insanely jealous/impressed at the amount of talent these four have and what they've done with it so far.

Wolves at the Door:


Bad Seed Rising:

Their music video shows clips from the new Melissa McCarthy movie "Spy" and their song plays during the credits at the end of it.

Hey Kid:


This girl's voice just kicks ass. Honestly, the whole band thoroughly impresses me. I've spent a lot of time listening to their songs since I found them and I haven't gotten tired of them yet. Besides a few bands here and there, I'm not a huge fan of many female singers, but this girl has definitely won me over. But it was their entire sound that caught my attention, they pair their instruments really well with her voice.

I've read a couple reviews that say they need to work on their live shows because it's not up to the quality of their recorded music, but since they're already touring their area, I'm sure that their stage show will improve as time goes on. They're young yet, and they're definitely going somewhere.

And last, but certainly not least,

Twenty One Pilots
Image

Unless you've lived under a rock until recently, you've most definitely heard the noise over their most recent album Blurryface, and I have to tell you, I am so fucking impressed with everything these two have put out. Tyler Joseph (lead vocals, piano) and Josh Dun (drums) take rap/hip hop and give it a purpose and I am so grateful that they make music. They've released four albums since Joseph started the band in 2009 and they're perfect. If you've heard of them, but never given them a listen, now's the time to see what you've been missing out on. :)

Stressed Out:

It's really hard for me to narrow it down to three songs to show you, so I'm not even gonna try. I've been listening to Blurryface nonstop, so I'm going to give you four from their new album and then a couple of songs from 2013 just to even it out.

Lane Boy:


Ride:


Fairly Local

The amount of love I have for this song is unbelievable.

Their lyrics, their sound, their obvious passion, their meaning. Tyler's voice, watching Josh play and seeing just how much he's into it... There are so many things I love about these two. Their music is something that just works for me, something I find myself addicted to and listening to on repeat. And the thing is, they're so consistent. From the beginning to now, they're amazing.

Holding On To You: (From their album Vessel)


Guns For Hands: (Also from Vessel)


I don't know what to say other than I love these men because of the music they're creating and putting out into the word. They question things, they doubt themselves, and they have a purpose behind everything they do. Twenty One Pilots is one of my favorite bands and I really hope you like them too or at least listen to their songs and give them a shot. They're something else.

~

So yes! That's what I have for you this week! Marshall Traver, Bad Seed Rising, and Twenty One Pilots! I hope you like one of the three! They're all pretty different, so hopefully there's a sound you like in there somewhere. :) Let me know!

Expect more recommendations in two weeks!
August 10th, 2015 at 03:38am