Okay, so Maybe I'm a Little Obsessed

¡Hola Mibbs! It has been brought to my attention that I might be just a little bit obsessed with Dragon Age. My original plan here was to just cover all of the fandoms I'm a part of in order to hide just how ridiculously into the DA world I am, buttttttt then I decided 'screw it.'

So, without further ado, here are some of the arguments supporting this assertion (I'll leave you to be the judge):

I may or may not accidentally steal swearwords from Dragon Age.

Honestly, I didn't really notice this at all until I was in the car with a friend, and I couldn't figure out why she kept staring at me like I was crazy. Apparently I'd muttered a "Oh, Maker's Breath!" in exasperation. Apparently "Maker's Breath" isn't a normal thing to say in this country/world/whatever.

...I've since caught myself using blighted and sodding as expletives, and saying things like "Andraste's Tits!" ...yeah.

I mean, that's normal enough, right? YOU HEAR IT ENOUGH TIMES AND IT JUST FEELS NATURAL, OKAY?

Honestly, wouldn't you pick up the same things, if you spent a week binging on a game and all you heard were things like:

Image

Image

I may or may not also take the opportunity to quote lines from the games.

But it's really not often, okay? I promise.

It's just... the other night, my friend and I were sitting outside of the pub trying to figure out how on earth we were going to get home. I kept shooting down her ideas, because they were stupid ass ideas, so I elected to ignore them. And then she says "Well, what are you expecting? Should we jus sit here and wait for someone to swoop down and save us?"

And I was just...

Image

Because holy crap it's such an iconic line and no one had ever given me the opportunity to use it before and WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO, IGNORE IT?!

I may or may not take in-game debates very seriously...

Different time we were at a different pub, there's this guy my friend was trying to set me up with, right? We met, we talked, he was cool, blah blah blah, but apparently (and I say apparently because I had to be told this the next morning) we got into a conversation about DA, and I told him that it wasn't going to work out.

Why, you ask? Well, apparently he told me he was anti-Templar.

I told my friend that I stood by my drunken declaration.

I mean, how can you not like Templars when they're all so

Image

Image

...jk, I have actual reasons for my pro-Templar stance, if you want to have that debate.

I may or may not--

Okay, yeah. This is getting ridiculous at this point.


So... yeah...

Image
August 18th, 2015 at 12:18am