Cavanaugh Park

"Some things never do change."

My first love happened in middle school. It wasn't a boy, a girl, or any breathing creature. At the age of 14 I fell in love with music. Prior to that fateful day, I always enjoyed music but didn't find artists that I really connected with. One day I caught my older brother playing Cavanaugh Park by Something Corporate. In that moment I was transcended. For a brief time I forgot where I was and simply got lost in the music. From that point on I was hooked. I now, at the age of 22, cannot go anywhere without my iPod and earphones. I pour over lyrics and am constantly seeking new artists to check out. My love for music has never faltered. I believe the main reason for this is music has been my beacon for hope during tough times, the soundtrack to a celebration, and the ever present best friend. Music always has the right words to make me feel a little more normal and not as much alone. As I grow older my music taste continues to evolve and expand; however, there will always be a special place in my heart for the vocal stylings of Andrew McMahon. Thank you Something Corporate. You have introduced me to a lifetime of companionship and understanding. My life has been forever changed by lyrics and melodies and I wouldn't have it any other way.
September 2nd, 2015 at 03:31pm