Math, We Meet Again. And You Brought Back Up.

So I started school and it's not fun at all. Here's why.

I've mentioned before that me and math do not get along. Which means that I am currently taking two math classes this year and it's HORRIBLE. My school is doing this new thing in the math department that focuses on group work. And group work is rarely a good idea. In my Algebra 1 class I am the only non freshman in there, and for some reason the people in my group expect me to do all the work. This results in me having to be like, "Umm. I'm retaking this class because I bombed the fuck out of it. So you should probably find a new leader guys". The good news is that I am managing to not completely fail the class! Point to Madison.

My Algebra 2 class is a different story. You see, I go to a pretty messed up school, which means that the majority of the teachers don't have their shit together. But this year the teachers REALLY don't have their shit together. I've had more subs in the first 3 weeks of school than I had all last year. And in my Algebra 2 class, we don’t even have a permanent teacher. We have a long term sub who I feel very bad for because you can tell he was just kind thrown into the class and doesn’t really know what he's doing, which means us students have no idea what we're doing. (I will say that I don't blame the teachers all that much, being a teacher must suck. Getting cruddy pay for the teaching the future of America? That sucks.)

Also, with this new program they have, there's really no teaching. No lectures, no talking. They just give us a book and some pages to do. I like lectures, they help me a lot. I don't know, I'm just going to have to figure it out. Because I can not afford to fail a class. I will literally sell my soul in order to pass.

On a lighter note, I got a laptop! That has been the highlight of the school year so far.
September 12th, 2015 at 08:26pm