Dear Diary: Day 04 | Little Things and Guilty Pleasures

Did I just reference One Direction and Cobra Starship? Not gonna lie, as soon as I titled this thing, my mind went straight to 1D and Cobra Starship.

What are some little things that make you happy? | Share some of your guilty pleasures.

The Little Things

1. Waking up and getting to go back to sleep because you know you haven't got any big kid responsibilities
2. Having someone you know greet you as you're walking by (people you've had class with, people you've helped, etc.)
3. Listening to my iPod undisturbed for hours upon hours
4. Being able to veg or blob around
5. Winning at the claw machines
6. Eating dinner with my grandpa every other Friday
7. Spending Sundays with my parents (no matter how much they get on my nerves the other six days of the week)
8. Having the chance to say some of my catchphrases like, "What the dealio?", "What the doodles?", "I'm gonna plop and blob around", and more
9. Watching the world pass me by through the car window as I listen to my iPod
10. Imagining elaborate stories that make me laugh, cry, or seethe as I lie around

I am a girl of simple pleasures. I live for being able to blob around, listen to my iPod, and think up movie-like scenes in my head that I'll never write down. Mix in some claw machine dolls, some dinner with the folks, and a few "hi, how are you"s, and I'm set for life.

The Guilty Pleasures

1. Ink Master (especially this Master & Apprentice season they've got going on, ugh, Chris is so bulky and adorable in his overalls)
2. Documentaries that make me sob my guts out (because I am a sucker for putting myself through emotional turmoil)
3. Fanfiction (because sometimes canons don't satisfy me or I'm clingy as hell and can't let go of the fandom)
4. One Direction (because I am 20 now, and apparently boybands are for tweens and teens)
5. Kpop (because same as One Direction and everyone likens it to William Hung and Psy)
6. Dolls (because I am a "grown up" and "too old" to still own dolls)
7. Cartoons, anime, manga (because same as the previous three, though I don't really do anime and manga anymore, but I'm still too attached to my collection)

Basically, I'm too old to enjoy the good things in life. I guess it's true what they say: when you grow up, your heart dies. Well, I'm done being all dramatic, but seriously, why the heck was it so hard for me to think of these? Do I even know myself at all? All that aside, thanks for sticking this out with me!
September 14th, 2015 at 10:34am