Dear Diary- Day 14

What’s one thing that made you laugh today?

What do they say about people who can laugh at themselves? Being able to laugh at yourself may be a sign of an optimistic personality and a sense of humor and it might even improve your mood. Humor has also been identified as a possible factor in the development of personal resilience. I do stupid things all the time and for the most part, I'm able to laugh them off.

I had a first date, many years ago with a guy (ended up staying the night, but that's another story) and when we walked outside the following morning, he pointed to a red car (mine was red) and said, "Who put a Pizza Hut delivery sign on your car?"

It looked something like this:

Image

I totally freaked out. Not gonna lie. I gasped and choked and was rendered speechless. Who would put that on my car indeed? Then I hear laughter and lots of it. I looked at him, then back at 'my' car and realize I hadn't parked in that spot on the street. Yes, my car was still parked a few cars down the other way. Someone who worked at the pizza place must live nearby. I fell into a fit of laughter. This guy makes me laugh all the time like that, at my expense and I can laugh too because, damn, it's funny how gullible I am at times. He knows just how to catch me.

Last night I was going through my text messages and erasing old ones. I found this gem. My new cat, Sebastian, had been at the Veterinarian's getting an exam for pre-declawed and pre-neuter. I phoned my house to leave my roommate a message. Granted, it's not me being funny, but my phone. It did make me laugh and the vet I showed it to.

Image
September 19th, 2015 at 04:33pm