Sweet O’ Kandi


DO YOU KNOW KANDI? (If yes, go you! If no, well now is your chance to do so!) Kandi AKA bellamy blake is by far the sweetest/outgoing person here on Mibba. She’s active on here, confident, owns cute OOTDs and she shares a love for The 100, as many people here do. I’ve gotten to know her through her requests for layouts (which I love doing) and her love for Bob! She’ll sweet talk you and give you an amazing convo, so hit her up!

MIBBA RELATED:

Please tell the world of Mibba your name, username (the origins of it) zodiac sign and how you came upon Mibba!
My name is Kandi, but my Mibba alias is bellamy blake. I changed my username for the site’s PoC spirit week the beginning of this year, and I’ve grown so friggin’ attached to it. It’s in honor of Bellamy Blake, the lead male character from The 100.

I joined Mibba in January of 2008, so I’m like, a dinosaur. One of my high school friends read my writing on Quizilla and recced Mibba to me. I’ve been here ever since!

My zodiac sign is Aquarius, and I am so textbook Aquarius that it hurts. Like, every single Aquarian trait I’ve ever come across, I’ve been like, “That’s soooo me.”

Sam’s comment: My zodiac sign traits are soooo relatable it’s scary.

What are you hoping to get out from your experience with Mibba? (become known or)
Honestly, I’m just here to improve my writing. I feel like, if I wasn’t still on Mibba, I probably wouldn’t be writing anymore. The community motivates me to try to make that time to write, plus I get a ton of inspiration from other members.

Give me a list of your favorite stories and authors! AYE, NAME DROP THOSE PEEPS.
OMIGOSH, I HAVE SOOOOO MANY. So bear witness

Eat Me and Afterlife by Shanelle (hollow girl)

To the Moon and Captured by Lizz (losing control.)

Inevitable and basically all of her Justin Bieber oneshots by Alex (swell)

Kiss with a Fist by Raveena (decay)

Dreamcatcher by Bridgette (pocahontas.)

She’s the Realest by Aliya (bullets are hailing.)

Grimm’s Daughters and The Deep by Carissa (starfire.)

Sam’s comment: HEY, I LIKE THIS LIST ALOT

What is the very first story you finished? What piece are you most proud of?
In all honesty, I have yet to finish anything chaptered (I know, I’m a failure); I’m mostly a oneshot and drabble writer. The piece I’m most proud of is an oldie, but it would probably still be Summer Skin.

Promote your stuff! Give me some of your stories and why people should check it out! SHARE THE GOLD, PASS IT AROUND AAYYE.
Little Bird – It’s a Raven/Bellamy from The 100 oneshot, and it’s probably the piece from the past year or so that I’m the most proud of.

Wipe the Stars from Your Eyes is a Finn Collins AU oneshot I wrote for Bridgette, and it’s probably the last thing I posted that I’m genuinely proud of.

In the Time of Blackberries is another Ravenbell piece that I really liked the finished product.

And Illumine is the very first Bob Morley oneshot I’ve ever posted!

I’m also gonna whore Piecing You Together and Carving out Smiles since they’re both Halloween-y :3

What is one thing you do to shake (I shake it) off writer's block?
In all honesty, I hardly ever get writer’s block. I usually have the opposite where I want to hat handle XD So whenever I get stuck or hit a wall with one piece, I just switch over to another one (and this is why I never get anything posted).

KILL, KISS, KARDASHIAN! (Bwahahah) Give me a friend from Mibba, animal, and celebrity who you would kill, kiss or see them as a Kardashian family.
Kill: stinkbugs because they're awful here in the South and crawl in your house during the fall/winter and are basically impossible to get rid of and if you smoosh them, they stink up the entire house.

Kiss: Bob Morley, duuuuhhh

Kardashian: Either Kaui or Alex, except they'd be even cooler because they'd probably have these larger, super-close families with interesting lives but without all the trashiness, drama, and narcissism that the Kardashians bring into everything.

GETTING TO KNOW THE INNER YOU: (random questions)

Go to your phone's album and scroll to the 175th picture. Describe and tell me about it.
It’s a photo of my dog, Durden, from three years ago, lounging in my recliner and looking completely adorable.
Image

Sam’s comment: tHIS IS TOO ADORABLE!!! I need me this cutie in my life

What's the most embarrassing thing you done in your college/high school career?
It’s honestly been so long that I don’t remember! I’m so friggin’ old!

The most embarrassing thing I’ve done recently at work was a few months ago when I ran face-first into the guy I have a crush one.

As far as high school goes, I remember my best friend and I took an intro college-level Psych class together, and at the beginning of the class each day, our professor would give us personality tests, and my best friend and I always ended being the only people in the class who would get the weirdest, most abnormal results XD Apparently, we have issues, but at least we have the same issues.

Sam’s comment: running into your potential lover is a face-turning-red situation hahahaha. WE HAVE ISSUES WHAT WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUES HAHAHHAHAHA GOD YOU TWO ARE HILARIOUS

Give me two truths and one lie and I'll try to guess which one is the lie.
-I played basketball in high school.
-I’m Jewish
-I ran cross-country in high school.

Sam’s comment: I am going to straight up guess here because I have no logic to figure out the lie so I’m going to say that you playing basketball in high school is the lie!

Are you more of a chicken nugget or chicken strip kind of person? (If you are vegan or vegetarian, I'm sorry for this question.
I’m a chicken strip person when it comes to Chick-Fil-A because their chicken strips are da bomb, but everywhere else, I usually go for nuggets. Let’s be real here: if I’m eating chicken, it’s usually Chick-Fil-A

Sam’s comment: I’ve never tried anything from Chick-Fil-A…#hawaiiproblems

What is your go to outfit or article of clothing?
For just my regular day-to-day life, my go-to outfit is a sundress and flip-flops, and my go-to article of clothing would be my beige Rainbow flip-flops :3

My go-to outfit for work is my cream cardigan + white v-neck + navy skinny chinos + lobster scarf and my go-to article of clothing for work would be my blush ballet flats or cream cardigan.

What shows have you binge watched this year?
The only show I’ve really binge-watched this year was Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell.

I kept up with these shows as they aired though:
The 100
Squidbillies
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Forever
Rick and Morty
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Man Seeking Woman


What was your last text message and who did you send it to?
I’ll give you two because my last text the first time I filled this out was funnier XD Both of these sets were between me and my bestie.

Sent: All-day breakfast at McDonald’s is such a fucking lie. They only serve like two things and no mcgriddles.

Received: Oh noooooo

Sent: Imma write an angry letter.

And then today, it was

Received: Sall. What night does your bae work so maybe I can catch a glimpse of who you’re talking about.

Sent: He works Wed and Thurs night this week.

Received: Ok. I’ll have to see if someone different creep by Thurs morning.

Sent: I THINK he usually sits in the waiting room. Like they keep one in the waiting room, one in behavioral, and one in the office next door /isnotastalkerbutdoesobservethesethings

Received: Suuuuuure

Sam’s comment: AHAHHAHAHAHAH THE ALL-DAY THING IS A LIE :( for me, it’s only from morning until two. WHAT NIGHT DOES YOUR BAE WORK SO YOU CAN SEE HIS FACE BAWAHHHAHAHAHA. i’m guilty of this w/ my girls so i relate heh

THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT OF YOUR LIFE, KANDI :-))))
October 18th, 2015 at 03:48am