Six Days 'Til Sixx

In six days, I'm meeting my biggest hero - Nikki Sixx. I'm also meeting Vince Neil and Mick Mars, but the reason I got the VIP passes for Motley Crue's gig in my city next week is because I've wanted to meet Nikki since I was around 12.

I got reaaaaally into Motley Crue when I was younger, and in the past few years their music and the attitude that their music has has really helped me with my anxiety disorder, and the fact that I'm going to get to meet the person who wrote the songs that have helped me that much is just absolutely phenomenal. Their music helped me through moving to London [7 hours away from any family I have], where I didn't know anybody and I was entirely new to the city. I'm going to ask him to write down my two favourite lines from my favourite song and then get them tattooed on my forearm the next day, so that'll be my second tattoo. I doubt he'll mind, considering there've been fans who asked him for guitars picks and he gave them a bass instead.

I'm just super, super nervous. I've met bands I like before in the past, but this is a different matter entirely. The other bands were quite small "obscure" bands, whose music I liked but it never held a massive meaning like this. Nikki Sixx is honestly my idol (in the least creepy way possible) so the fact that I'm meeting him in six days is just incomprehensible to me. Thinking about it makes my anxiety bad. I know that in this case, my anxiety is my own worst enemy - it's the only thing that could make things go downhill - so I just need to do my best to keep a handle on it, which is obviously easier said than done.

Hopefully in seven days time, I'll have a photo with Nikki where I look half decent and a new tattoo! Until then, I'm going to do some NaNo planning and make sure I'm caught up on my uni work. On a positive note, I'm visiting home a few days after the gig, so I get to see my kitties for the first time in nearly 2 months, see my old friends and my dad and get away from some less than stellar flatmates, ha.
October 31st, 2015 at 12:14pm