Getting Bored/Falling out of Love?

I think I am falling out of love/getting bored in my relationship. The hard part is, he is head over heels in love with me and although I felt strongly for him at the start I just don't feel the way I used to do about him anymore. He is affectionate, buys me flowers, takes me out to dinner and what not but for the past few months I just feel as though I am not interested anymore. It's hard because the thought of not having him upsets me but also the thought of being with him does.

I must admit I have thought about what life would be like if I was single again and living in a share house with some girlfriends like I used to. Life was great then, I was always out and about socializing and making new friends, always got to go out to parties and what not on the weekend but since I moved in with my boyfriend after 7 months my social life has just plummeted. I wonder if somehow I blame my boyfriend for why I have hardly many friends now, which is stupid in a way but he did used to be very controlling, he would get upset if I went out with friends and would text and call me whenever I wasn't with him uncontrollably, when I look back to how he was then it makes me wonder why I put up with it for so long.

Now he is different, after many...many downs, he has changed, because he knew he would lose me otherwise but due to how he was in the past it stopped me from going out with my friends as much because I knew I would have to put up with his mood and annoying text messages. After many fights about his insecurities and controllingness he has now turned a leaf, he no longer tries to control me and understands that I like having a social life and will go out with my friends now and then.

After losing many of my friends I have managed to get back into contact with a few and am going to see them regularly. Although my partner never really goes out with his friends and just sits at home whilst I go out with mine. I feel bad for him because I want him to see his friends too but he just doesnt seem interested and then I get this stupid thought in my head that he is trying to guilt trip me by staying alone at home.

Our sex life isn't that great anymore either and its not him, its me. I just dont feel interested anymore, I would rather go to sleep than have sex with him most the time. The sex is boring too, the same stuff over and over and even though I talk to him about it, nothing seems to change. I feel like I've lost my attraction to him completely because everything he does really grinds my gears. His laugh annoys me, he sounds like a girl when he laughs sometimes, his smile can annoy me too sometimes! The way he talks can piss me off, he tries to talk all sweet and charming and I just find it incredibly frustrating. He is very lovey dovey and always wants my attention and to cuddle and kiss and I am just not a very affectionate girl, at the start of the relationship yeah but now I just don't want to kiss or cuddle him half the time.

I just feel so confused with myself, I feel like I want to be single again and enjoy life and be happy but I also want to be in love with my boyfriend again because at one point he did make me very happy. Now, I just feel bored and miserable, almost like I'm trapped with a man I am just not happy with.

I feel like I should end the relationship but at the same time I have had such a good time with him and I did really love him at one point and it makes me not want to give up. I guess I'm just asking for opinions, or to hear other peoples stories if they have been through the same or similar thing.
November 9th, 2015 at 09:00am