To the Boy Who Makes Me Feel Beautiful.

Let me start off by saying, thank you.

Thank you for looking at me in a way that no one has ever looked at me before.

Thank you for having that indescribable glow in your eyes, that allowed me to finally believe the words I was hearing.

You allowed me to think and feel as if I no longer needed to critique myself — to change something about myself — in order to be deserving of love.

I am so grateful for those enchanting eyes of yours, they speak volumes.

When I look at your eyes, I can see that you mean every word that’s falling from your lips.

They are not forced, they are your internal thoughts — finally being set free.

I will never get over the look in your eyes or the feeling that overtakes me when you look at me the way that you do.

It’s not the way a mother looks at her child, a girl looks at her new puppy, or a baby looks at their father… You look at me in a way that words can’t even describe.

You make me feel beautiful both inside and out,and I need you to know that this means the world to me.

Calling me beautiful — when I’m wearing sweats and no makeup — isn’t a big deal.

To say it and mean it like you do is...

You make me feel confident in my own skin, satisfied with what I see in the mirror, and grateful for all of the experiences in life — such as love.

Love is powerful, and I know that in that moment, there was love and there was light.

As you tuck my hair behind my ears and continue to gaze into my eyes I'm hypnotized by the glow of you…

So thank you for giving me my moment of clarity, a moment that allowed me to look at myself the way that you look at me…to accept and love myself just like you do. I love you.
January 6th, 2016 at 08:37pm