To the Man I'm Falling in Love With

You’re imperfect, I won’t say you’re perfect. You have a way to calm me and push my buttons at the same time. You know what to say at times and other times you often say the wrong things. You live your life the way you want to and refuse to let anyone from stopping you to do so.

So maybe that’s why I’m falling for you. Because of the way you see life, the way you perceive it, the way you handle me both roughly and delicately at the same time. The way you make me understand the difference between a “discussion” and a “argument” because you know I love to get mad over little things.

But that’s not all, the way I smile when I see your bright smile and I swear I fall in love a little more. The way your skin is warm and soft, makes me feel safe. It’s the way you make me feel when you hold me in your arms, or when you try to play with my hair even though often times you fail at it. The way you kiss my forehead and for that moment I feel amazingly happy and safe. The way you have no embarrassment around me so if it came down to it you’d break down dancing out of nowhere both looking idiotic and adorable.

But it’s not all about your looks, it’s how you motivate me to do better and be better in life. To move forward and succeed without fear. To cherish the present. To stop worrying about the past and what happened there. It’s the way you accepted my past and my messed up heart. The way you know I try to be strong when really I'm breaking inside. But you allow me to break as long as you're there to fix it. I love you even more.

It’s the way you handled me delicately when I had my first mental breakdown around you at night and you told me it’s okay and that you were still here for me, I fell in love a little more.

We may not be a normal couple, or whatever a normal couple means. We’re both weird and a little crazy. We don’t go on dates every day, often we choose Netflix and pizza, and we cuddle on your sofa and the way you hold me from falling off the couch, the simplicity of our time together is what I love, maybe that’s why I love you even more.

So I don’t know what our future holds for us. You may be gone tomorrow. You may be gone a year from now. I refuse to put a date of when we’ll separate and go our own ways. But what I do know, is that I love you. Because of the person you are.

Because of the woman I am becoming partly because of you; more stronger, motivated and independent.

So for now, I’ll hold your hand and we’ll support each other through the ups and downs life takes us through. We’ll go on adventures together and explore the one life we get.

So if we do part our ways, I won’t regret it. I’ll cherish it forever. I’ll remember the person I bettered into while being with you and continue to grow throughout the rest of my life. I love you loser.
January 12th, 2016 at 02:14am