Make-up Hall: The Free Variety

Alex totally inspired me to post my makeup hall with her amaze-balls load she posted the other day. See it here. Mine isn't nearly as big, but it cost me 0$!

In Canada we have Shopper's Drugmart, I say that because I don't think the US has one, I've never seen it at least. ANYWAYS Shopper's lets you collect points and eventually cash them in. So I just cashed in 220$ of points. I am a competitive shoppers points earner and I probably earn about 700 dollars worth of free stuff a year -- just by buying necessities (vitamins, hair shit, concealer, bb cream, all the regular shit). I cash in my points on fun stuff! Like this!

Side note: If you're in Canada and you want Shoppers guidance for how to get a shit tonne of points, I will totally help you.

(I'm actually really in love with this UD blush and two other Smashbox lipsticks, but I didn't want to spend anymore points...I'll probably go back for them on Wednesday when there's a points event)

SO HERE WE GO! YAY FREE NICE THINGS!

Image

It's not a lot, but I'm super happy with all of it! The saleswoman was so helpful and she helped me pick out all the right colours! This is all stuff that I've had my eye on for forever!!!! I'm so excited to use most of it tomorrow, so stay tuned to my insta (@therealheathertownsend) and snapchat (heather-bee) for some super shitty selfies!

Image

I'm soooo excited to use this powder! You can find it here. This is a super sparkly baked powder and light! It's really weird that UD is keeping this under bronzer. I'm an incredibly pale person, in fact the only concealer I can use is Smashbox's BB cream in the lightest shade. Everything else comes out looking reddish -- and this is so light that I fully intend to use it as a highlighter on my cheeks! And it sparkles!!! I'm going out a disco ball tomorrow FYI. The colour is Aura.

Image

I have wanted a contour for forever! And I've been struggling to find a kit where you get enough bang for your buck. The Smashbox contour kit is so tiny to me, and the cream sticks in the sets for highlighters always match my skin tone. The highlighter on this still isn't as bright as I want but that's what the sparkle this is for. The blush is so peachy and contour colour is perfect!! I got this in Native. Check out the palette here

Image

And then I splurged and decided to get the brush that goes with it. I don't have a contour brush so I'm pretty excited to stop squeezing my bristles together! The reviews on this brush are pretty amazing, but then if you find a bad review on urban decays website it's probably because the product is actually bad. I can't say I've ever had a UD product that I don't like. Please excuse my super shitty picture.

Image

My picture quality is really going down hill fast. I'm obsessed with Smashbox's matte lipstick. They honestly last forever. I wore my infrared colour to a kegger two weekends ago, it never came off, despite all my drinking, never dried out my lips and I got soooo many compliments. I highly reccommend this product! And there are so many colours to chose from! This time I got Mauve as a nude colour, it pretty much is the lightest colour they carry, and I got its matching lip liner. I'm also considering going back to get the 'stylist' colour which is a really interesting wine colour -- It's a very red purple, and I can't say I've seen anything else like it. Here's the link. Side note: they're only 23$ CAD which is amazing.

Image

Last, but certainly not least is the highly rated Naked eye palette! I had the worst time choosing between Naked 1 and 2 -- Naked 3 is way to pink for me! I decided on Naked 2 because there are more matte colours in it and earth tones :)

I also got a bunch of free skin care samplers and a free make up pouch thing, but we won't get into that!

Anyways...I really want that lipstick and blush so I'm probably going to go back and get it anyways and update. STAY tuned for better pictures, selfies and more!
January 26th, 2016 at 04:33am