TBR Challenge Update

Hey all so it has been a while and I am back with an update on my TBR, I am kinda gonna maybe make this a little series thing, something I can go back and look on… maybe but knowing me it won’t last very long. But I have managed to stick to my READ 5 BUY 2 pretty good… So far I have read four books out of my five… I am on the fifth now and it is a honker of a book… for me anyways.

Here are the ones I have read.

1.Image
Ophelia: The Queen of Denmark - Jackie French
So this is a retelling of Hamlet however it is based more around his bride Ophelia, hence the title. I am not gonna lie I myself am not a massive fan of Shakespeare but I am a fan of Jackie Collins and I knew the basic plot of Hamlet so I thought why not give it a go. To be honest it wasn’t that bad, if you’re a lover of Shakespeare then yes you would love this… but to me is was more meh.

2.Image
Nobody But Him - Victoria Purman.
Adult contemporary book, need I say more. It was more of a light fluffy summer read and the fact that it was based in the state I lived in caused me to buy it. Nothing much to say simply that it is a fluffy summer read good to breeze through.

3.Image
Round The Twist - Paul Jennings
So if you don’t know Round the Twist is a famous Aussie kids show… The one that starts with Have you ever
Ever felt like this
Had strange things happen
Are you going round the twist

I recently bought myself the box set and I remembered this book from school… I couldn’t find it anywhere until I went to the second hand book store and BOOM there it was in all it’s glory… I couldn’t pass it up! I loved this book as much as I loved it when I was back in primary school! SOO GOOD!

4.Image
Max Ride: First Flight - James Patterson
Marvel did a graphic novel on this wonderful series and to be honest I wasn’t the biggest fan of the artwork… I don’t know maybe it is just me but I wasn’t a fan… but the story was still the same so that was good.

and currently I am reading The Convent - Maureen McCarthy another one based in Australia… I seemed to recently be on Australian novel kick…

Anyways that is all I have.

Until next time
Cheers Esther :)
February 5th, 2016 at 10:32am