Twenty Five and Still Alive

Being a quarter of a century old for the last seven months has left me feeling entitled to say that being this old is not all it's cracked up to be.

For example, I still have no clue in the world what I want to do with my life. Having recently (just last week in fact) been told I am being made redundant really threw me off the wagon because I thought I was in this for life - ha! Come September I'll either have a new job, be back in college, have emigrated or have signed on. I don't know which one, it's all too confusing!

Can I also just point out that my social circle has become ridiculously small lately, and it was never big to begin with. Now, people say that by 25 you'll have learned to eliminate the bad ones and keep the good'uns. Here's the problem, all the good ones are taken! Most of my friends are 25 and married, or 25 and pregnant, or 25 and going for baby number 2, or 25 and living alone, or 25 and travelling the world, or 25 and in a gang, or 25 and not residents in this damn country anymore!

And me? I'm 25, almost unemployed, still writing fanfiction, still travelling on the bus, still collecting memorabilia and still no fucking clue what I'm doing with my life.
February 9th, 2016 at 08:58pm