I've Got a New Obsession

I am in love.

I am in love with Rainbow Rowell.

At this point in time, I'm not sure if I want to marry her or lock her in my basement with nothing but a laptop and make her write me books.

It's really bad, you guys. I think, I think that I'd follow Rainbow Rowell to the ends of earth. I want to fold into her books and live with her characters. it's crazy, I always thought that my favorite was and would always be John Green. I love John Green's books and I think he's an awesome person.

But I love Rainbow Rowell more. She's out of this world.

How do I even decide which one of her books is my favorite?

Probably Fangirl. Fangirl is my number one. But Carry On and Eleanor & Park pull close seconds. I think I'd write poetry to describe my love for this writer if I was any good at writing poetry. It doesn't make sense how she can exist. How does one become a Rainbow Rowell?

I love her so much I named my book club after her. (R&R Book Club still accepting members go join *shameless plug*)

I just finished reading Carry On, that's what spurred this guys. (I'm like mentally and physically fatigued from that book someone save me) Lately, I just don't find good YA books anymore. I'm not even sure I'm looking for YA books anymore, so much as more NA books. But NA books suck right now. Honestly, that whole bookshelf is just a wreck of poorly written Fifty Shades Knock-offs.

But Rowell, she restores my faith in writing, in YA and NA and what books are supposed to be and mean. I wish I hadn't read all her books so I could read them for the first time again and experience that all over. I wish she had more books for me to read.

You know who else is a brilliant writer? Richelle Mead. I really loved Vampire Academy and over christmas break I read her spin-off of it with Adrian and Sydney. It was, ugh bloody fantastic. Richelle and Rowell all day man. They're my mains.

It's weird because I love John Green books, but I can't re-read them. Not the way I can with Richelle and Rainbow's books. I read Fangirl, mm, like three months ago or so and I just kept re-reading it. I had to send it home it was getting so bad. That book TORE me up emotionally. Really just dismantled my whole life. And I've probably read the vampire academy series like 100+ times.

They really don't write them like they used to, huh?

Half of my older, older, much older work, I'm talking beginning of the beginning work, is spin-offs of Vampire Academy. Basically all my female characters have a bit of Rose in them.

Maybe I should write about Baz and Simon. A fanfic based on the fanfic in Fangirl that became it's own book. It's basically meant to be.

(This is when you guys tell me not because I already have a thousand and one stories that I have neglected forever, I also deleted all the chapters to Bitch Camp and I can't even promise that they'll be back because I'm not even sure it's just been a really rough writing year for me I wish they made writer reform camps) (We should make a Mibba Reform Camp it would be sick basically like one big cabin with a thousand routers to keep the wifi stable for all of us and we basically write together because a family that writers together) (I'm losing my mind clearly) (This is what happens when you finish a book)

I'm still greatly weighing a Carry On fanfic you guys.

Ugh. It's gonna be in my head now.

I really should go study. I have two midterms on thursday. Than I'm free for spring break. So I should actually probably update Him & Him. Cause I said I would. I suck.

Priorities. Priorities. Priorities.

But really if you haven't already join my book club. It's guaranteed to get you feedback (granted you have to do some leg work but nothing's free in this world yes).

Image


OMG YES I DID MAKE A NEW LAYOUT TO BASICALLY EXEMPLIFY MY LOVE FOR RAINBOW ROWELL SUE ME OK JUST SUE ME I'M IN LOVE LET ME LIVE
March 9th, 2016 at 03:07am