Travel Tips? / What Should I Know About Europe? / Blogging Abroad

Hey guys! So I mentioned it once before, but I'm studying abroad in Germany this summer! I've never been anywhere, so this is going to be HUGE adventure for me. And by 'never been anywhere' I mean I drove out to Colorado with my Grandma when I was nine and that's it. I've never been in an airport, don't own a passport (yet), and have never seen the ocean.

I'm Midwestern born and raised! (Unfortunately)

But that's all going to change when I leave for Germany this summer! My family came from Germany two generations ago and I'm going to be the first one back in Europe since. It's all pretty crazy.

But what I want to know is, what do I need to know about traveling to Europe? What should I know about airports? What are some tricks to make it easier to get on and off the plane. Are any of you afraid of heights and what do you do on the plane to distract yourself from the fact that you're a bajillion miles from the safe ground?

And what should I know about Europe? What do people hate about tourists? What should I look out for? Where's the best places to buy things? Any tips for land travel?

What should I see in Germany? And if I have the chance to go to England for a weekend, what should I visit while I'm there? What other countries should I see if I have time? And what should I see while I'm there?

There are just so many questions! I really know nothing about traveling. My family has never had the money to go anywhere, so while I always hoped I'd make it out of the midwest, I never thought it would be this soon. I'm someone who always wants to be prepared for things.

~~~~

Switching gears a little bit, I know I'm going to blog my whole experiences, but I was thinking of making another blog off Mibba (maybe, idk), so that my family can read it as well (because no one wants their parents, etc, on their Mibba). But I don't know which website to use!

If any of you blog off Mibba, what site to you use?

Do any of you have travel blogs? Maybe I'll start a Youtube channel. Probably not because I'd rather write things down than talk about them. I wish there was a platform that's as popular/well known as Youtube for bloggers.

I'm thinking of using Blogger, but I don't know how easy it is. I'd also like something customizable, which is why I mainly still to Mibba.

My University promotes your blog if you post while abroad, so I'd like to create one that they have access to as well. I'll still post all the blogs to Mibba, but I really need an outside site that my family, friends, and school people can read and stay updated with.

Sorry for the barrage of questions! I'm just really excited and really need to start studying up! Also, I can't wait to improve my German. It's all so crazy.

Thanks guys!! :) <3
April 1st, 2016 at 04:27am