It's Not Heartbreak in Stereo...more like...Heartbreak in Cyberspace

Frank is a friend.
I'm Jocelyn.
Yea, I'm like completly in lurve with him, and I'm not the girl he's talking about. I know you all love my play-it-off skills.

And I know I love how the entire time I'm talking to him, I'm really talking to me.

Frank: heyy
Frank: what was that question?
Jocelyn: The one about your blog?
Frank: yeah
Jocelyn: Well, apparently it didn't go through. Gay, Verizon, Very Gay.
Frank: i might have. i havent checked in a while.
Jocelyn: I just checked, message failed.
Jocelyn Dugan: My bad.
Frank: lol its cool
Jocelyn: Anyways, I was going to ask you how come you think it's hard to win a girl's heart. Because, take it from a girl, we're really squishy inside. And I may not know you very well, but you're one of the nicest people I don't know very well. So, why wouldn't she like you?
Frank: i dont know.
Frank: its all weird.
Jocelyn: Really. Tell me about it.
Frank: i dont really know what to tell you.
Jocelyn: That's the best kind.
Frank: i mean ive made it pretty obvious how i feel. and i know that she knows. but its like sometimes she tries to avoid me.
Frank: i guess thats the best way to explain it.
Jocelyn: Have you actually told her?
Jocelyn: Like, word for word?
Frank: not like straight out.
Jocelyn Dugan: Well, then. That may be the problem. Maybe, I mean, unless I know this girl, I can't really call her slow on the uptake. What have you said?
Frank: well its jessie.
Jocelyn: Right, because it's secret.
Frank: what?
Jocelyn: Dude, I'm four hours away, and I guessed.
Frank: see
Frank: obvious
Jocelyn: Does she like anyone else?
Frank: i have no idea.
Frank: probably
Jocelyn: Well..then. You are in a rut.
Jocelyn: Does she talk about anyone in particular much to much? If she's anything like me, then she won't shuttup about him.
Frank: i dont know. not really no.
Jocelyn: But you said she avoided you? Like how?
Frank: i dont know it just seems like it sometimes.
Jocelyn: Oh. I get it.
Frank: yeahhh.
Jocelyn: Well, then you've got two options.
Frank: what are my options?
Jocelyn: Oh, sorry, distracted.
Jocelyn: Well, you can tell her straight out.
Jocelyn: Which is miserable, and awkward, and possibly unhappy in the end.
Frank: thats exactly why i havent.
Frank: lol
Jocelyn: Yea, same here.
Jocelyn: Or, you can join me in my quest for failure, and just kinda take her body language as fact, and just...let it go.
Jocelyn: Which is miserable, and awkward, and just kinda unhappy in the end.
Frank: but i dont know.
Frank: im just kinda waiting it out now.
Jocelyn: Which is miserable and awkward. How long have you been waiting around?
Frank: a while
Jocelyn: And you've got nothing to go on?
Frank: not really. but im thinking she doesnt feel the same way.
Jocelyn: I'm sorry.
Jocelyn: I can't tell you what to decide, but sometimes, you just kinda have to do the hard thing because it's the right thing for you.
Frank: yeah. i know what youre saying.
Jocelyn: It's hard and it sucks hardcore. But, sometimes it's not healthy to linger.
Frank: yeah..
Frank: but you know then ill just end up having the same thing happen with someone else.
Jocelyn: That's a lovely idea, now we'll all go and jump off this virtual cliff.
Jocelyn: NO.
Jocelyn: Don't be silly. Just because one possibility didn't work, never means it's going to happen again. I mean, Jesus, look at my life. Look at me, I'm still floating around, looking. I can't tell you how many times this has happened, it does happen.
Jocelyn: And it sucks.
Jocelyn: Alot.
Frank: yeah..
Jocelyn: But you have no choice, because in the end you have to believe it's all worth something.
Jocelyn: I mean, there's gotta be a someone for us all. It'd be rather lonely if it wasn't.
Frank: yeah really
Jocelyn: She's out there. And maybe she's right in front of you and you can't see it yet. Or maybe she's ages down the road, you just gotta keep the faith.
Frank: yah i know...
Jocelyn: yea...
October 14th, 2007 at 11:54am