Ultimate Romance Contest: Rec Blog!

Hello, everyone! Kimi, here. I conducted a contest 2 months ago and I recently finished judging it.

To help me judge objectively, I used a criteria I made. There were three main criterion: Content which constitutes approximately 64.3% of the total which is 70, Grammar which is approximately 28.6% of that 70, and Bonus (which is the Brownie Points) which has the remaining (approx...) 7.1%. Now, each person judges differently but a criteria really helps so if you are planning to make a contest, you can consider making a criteria, granted the scores are reasonable and there is justification for it.

One of the main points I focused on was the romance factor because the contest is about romance. All kinds of romances are allowed, whether it’s tragic or not. It all boils down to delivery, honestly. In addition to that, I’m quite keen on characterization and setting. These are two things that are easiest to ignore because they seem unimportant but they are very important, actually. The setting aids in pushing the plot forward. For example, if Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz was transported to California instead of Oz, the entire plot would change. The setting also helps in establishing the mood and atmosphere of a specific scene. As for characterization, readers should be able to relate to the characters, or at least interact with them. And by interacting, I mean that the characters, or their actions gets a response from the readers. They act as a stimulus to garner a certain reaction.

Maybe I’ll write a blog about those elements that I find extremely important in a story.

Anyway, here are the entries (I’m going to leave out the first and second place winners though) and entrants:

swell with Damn, Daniel
Rating: PG-13
Type: Original fiction
Completed: Yes
Words: 2,664
Summary: Daniel and Kimi are assigned to work together in a class project that will enable them to learn about each other in ways they never expected.

raja sahara with Across Five Oceans
Rating: R
Type: Original fiction
Completed: No
Words: 124
Summary: In an age of intergalactic war, nothing can stop a man from returning home to the one he loves the most.

starfire with Orion's Belt
Rating: R
Type: Original fiction
Completed: No
Words: 616
Summary: They met by chance, beneath the glow of the Milky Way.

dawn of light with Walang Nobyo
Rating: R
Type: Original fiction
Completed: Yes
Words: 785
Summary: “May nobyo ka na?

She flashes the most precious, confused smile. “What?”

Shit, she can't understand a word I'm saying. Great.

grotesque bones. with The Moon
Rating: PG-13
Type: Original fiction
Completed: Yes
Words: 98
Summary: I was his moon | He was my morning light

dixon grimes
aliens.
Phoebe Buffay
headspace
pocahontas
bellamy blake
TheDevilsHalo;
Sesshomaru.
I hope you guys can find the time to check their works! They’re all good writers.

Pardon my ineptitude in coding. Another blog about the two winners will soon follow.
June 1st, 2016 at 06:28pm