My Wedding Planning! With Pictures!

So as some of you know I'm getting married in November, November 5th! It's been a long time coming to be honest. Jeff and I have been together for six years (our six year anniversary was on May 29th) and have been engaged for five and half years. Yes, Jeff proposed six months after dating (December 25th 2010), he also told he he loved me a week after talking and we hadn't even met yet! We moved quite fast but it worked for us. We've been through a lot together...a lot but sometimes that's what happens when you move as quickly as we did.

When we sat down to talk about our wedding we always said we would have a small, and I mean small wedding. Just our parents and then we'd go out for dinner and it'd be over with. But when we went to a friends wedding, I changed my mind. Their wedding wasn't big or small, it was perfect. they did it at the brides mothers house out in the country, it was very rustic and romantic and just so beautiful.

And when I saw her walk down to meet her groom, all eyes on her I knew I wanted the same thing. I wanted a wedding where all the attention was on me (and jeff too I guess...LOL) and I could share it with all my family and friends who wouldn't be around much longer. So after that day when I got home, I sat down and started my planning. Literally.

I called my best friend and told her what I was doing and asked her to be my maid of honor and went from there.

I knew since before I met Jeff, that if I ever did get married I wanted to have a Christmas themed wedding. Not with, Santa Clause and snow men...No, it would be elegant with apple red and champagne gold with some glitter throughout.

So I asked Jeff if he would be okay with how I did the wedding and he told me; "As long as I see you walking down that aisle, I don't care how you theme the wedding." So, I started looking on Pinterest and Esty for ideas. I started looking for wedding officiants, catering, makeup artists, photographers, everything I thought I would need, I started emailing and calling around.

I pretty much have everything all booked and down payments met. I only have to buy my decor (which I have most of) and buy everything, like my shoes and Benjamin's little suite! (Benjamin is our son if you didn't know!)

Our venue is actually in a mess hall on the military base where my dad used to work. (we're military too) Since my dad knows pretty much everyone in the higher ranks, we were able to get the hall for free, so we've saved a lot of money just on that alone, which is amazing because we can't afford much. My father paid for my dress and any alterations it needs and he told me he's paying for food. Jeff's stepmom is bringing a whole Chinese BBQ pig! and my grandmother paid for my wedding cake!

My dad is also making a lot of my deco for me. He is a woodworker now since leaving the military, so he is making our ring box and a ladder for me to place pictures on. Jeff's mother died when he was ten so we want to include her in the wedding, so with this ladder my dad is making I'm getting my grandparents, Jeff's grandparents, both our parents, wedding photos and having them displayed around his mom and dad's wedding photo. I'll have lights and flowers all around it and have it on display in the room with us.

My two bridesmaids are wearing Apple Red dresses, and my maid of honor is wearing a champagne strapless dress that will have glitter all over the bust and then it's going to fade down at the bottom.

Jeff and his best man will be in military dress and his two groomsmen will be in apple red ties and vests with black dress coat and pants.

Benjamin will be in champagne vest with black jacket and pants with a apple red and champagne bowtie (Bowties are cool.).

For flowers, my flowers will have poinsettias, pine cones, holly, and white lilies with a red ribbon. Maid of honor's flowers will be like mine but smaller and no poinsettias. and my bridesmaids with be smaller with just lilies.

The boys will have the hollies, and pine cones with greenery. Same with Benjamin and our dad's and mom's (they will have corsage's with lilies)

I'm doing a wedding video!! I'm so excited for this, you have no idea! We do our interview portion in August. And you know damn well, I will post it to YouTube so you guys can watch it! OO! Maybe I'll upload it and then go on Periscope and live stream it?? (I'm very excited, can you tell?)

The mess hall is letting me use all their Christmas stuff, so I'll have garland and Christmas trees everywhere. I'm using my parents Christmas tress, kind of like an arch to get married under. Any trees I have will have red and gold everywhere and have my wooden tree ornaments for wedding favors.

TIME FOR PICTURES!

The Mess Hall:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

That room is where we will have all the food (I couldn't take a photo because there was a sewing club going on)

Along with the christmas tress to get married beside, I'm having a fireplace frame with log stumps and candles all over, kind of like this photo here but with red and gold.

Image

This will be my centerpiece but I will have 1 large mason jar and a medium sized mason jar. And I'll have pine cones instead of berries and greenery. I will also have the wooden plaque!

Image

The ladder idea
Image

Image

My guest "book"
Image

MY CAKE! (it will be marble with marshmallow fondant and it will have poinsettias.
Image

Wedding favors:
Image

Cake topper
Image

Our Doctor Who ring set!
Image

ring box
Image

Garters
Image

My ceremony shoes
Image

My reception shoes!
Image

My hair
Image

Bridesmaid dress (apple red, the gold is just the back of the red dress)
[imghttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/villevalohimfan_2006/download_zpst4uj2o4l.png[/img]
[imghttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/villevalohimfan_2006/download%201_zps6iqo3tgr.png[/img]

Benjamin's suit!
Image

His bow tie!
Image

And SO FAR there you have it!

What do you think? Anyone have idea's they could give me?
I'll be posting more updates soon, so add me as a friend to get more updates!

Thanks for reading!
June 8th, 2016 at 08:22pm