Halloween Costumes

I'm allowed to dress up for Halloween at work this Friday so I've decided to dress as a fairy. I LOVE dressing up. I love making the costumes. Or at least, piecing them together.

I already have the clothes for it, or near enough; a pink bubble skirt that I absolutely adore, and a tank top I bought on eBay a while ago that looks to be made of scraps of fabric and lace.

I've made some wings with wire and cellophane and a tonne of glitter. I think they look really nice. Maybe a little impractical... but ehh. I have a short shift on Friday. I can't get a picture right now as they're in another room and I'm lazy, haha.

And tonight I finished some fingerless gloves to go with my costume:

Image


Image


I've been wanting to make something like this for ages, but never got around to it until now. They're inspired by Alice's gloves in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland:

Image


So now all I have to do is make some origami butterflies to pin on places and find a nice way to add some flowers to my hair. Fake ones, as I don't want to be sneezing all night.

And I should think about how I want to do my makeup. I was thinking like Violet Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events, during the wedding scene:

Image


With the blush? But I'm not sure. I bought some cheap little star things that are meant as nail decorations, and some eyelash glue to stick them to my face haha. I'll have to post a picture in a blog of what I end up looking like.

Who else is dressing up for Halloween?
October 24th, 2016 at 06:05pm