SoundCloud Favorites

If you support Trump, please do not read or comment on my blog as I do not feel comfortable with you interacting with me.
So once again I’m here to share music and once again proving that I’m not just listening to bands. In fact, I haven’t really been listening to pop punk/alternative stuff lately. I’ve actually been listening to hip-hop and r&b because all these artists are coming through with new music to save the last month of 2016.

meanwhile bandom is still kinda annoying me i mean

But anyway, besides that I’m listening to some artists on SoundCloud. Think of it as the music version of Youtube, where anyone can share the music they create and there’s so many talented people on here. In fact, Kehlani came from there, too. But really, whether it’s singing or making beats, I’ve been enjoying these people lately more than the mainstream stuff. I’d really like to thank my brother for introducing me to most of them though bc it’s mainly through the mixes he’s made that I found them.

I want to give these people the recognition they deserve so this blog is all about my SoundCloud favorites. Here we go.
jujhu.
Image

you’re a dream i don’t wanna wake up from
it’s surreal when i’m with you
never knew you’d love me

First things first, I wanna show off all the great mixes my brother made. He’s made these to also give these artists recognition and all of them are so soothing. My personal favorite is “never knew you’d love me” because not only does it help me focus when I write, but it also helped inspired my newest fic Alarm Clock. Feel free to check that out, but seriously, please check out my brother’s SoundCloud because he also raps and we both plan to make a song together one day!

sophie meiers
Image

you left the door open
alarm clock
crystal garden

If you love those chill indie vibes, Sophie’s definitely for you. Her songs are so simple, yet so captivating and relatable. Like for instance, “alarm clock” (which also obviously inspired the fic I mentioned above) is just a song of her waking up at her lover’s house and trying to sneak out before his parents discover them. The beats and the way she says she “doesn’t want to go yet” makes me smile because it’s just a cute situation that she was able to make into a song that gives me goosebumps. Her voice just really calms me and I bet she’s like a really cool person to hang out with.

soph’s throwaways
Image

wave form
naïve
picture book

So this is still Sophie, but these songs are old ones. Apparently they were recorded on her phone and she calls them “throwaways” but honestly they’re still fucking amazing. As always they’re also relatable. These were how I found out about her because my brother sent me “picture book” and I immediately fell in love. Do not sleep on these throwaways because they’re all so much more than that.

melanie rosé
Image

a dream
218
still got me

A common theme my brother’s mixes have is that they all start with a song by Melanie and I don’t blame him because if I heard a mix that started with this voice I’d be pulled in, too. There’s something soulful about her songs that has this certain dreamlike aesthetic to it and that’s what I really enjoy from her songs. My only problem, however, is that they’re so short. Some of them are about a minute and a half and you just wish they were longer. My fave is “still got me” which is longer (3 min) but I play it on repeat bc I want a 10 hour version of it please. Also, she loves Sophie so hopefully those two make a song together because somebody suggested it to her and I fully support that.

SwuM.
Image

finesse
Swishers
Back it up

He makes beats and the first one I listened to was “Swishers” which is on one of my brother’s mixes. Fell in love and now also listen to his stuff when I don’t want lyrics to distract me. He’s actually getting really popular now because of his song “finesse” and now has two albums on iTunes/Spotify/Apple Music. They’re called Woke and Runaway and include the songs I recommended above. Seriously, go check them out! You won’t be disappointed because like everything else I’ve suggested in this blog, his music is what to listen to when you wanna chill.

various artists
Image

you’re cute
swimmin’
CONFESSION
STORMY THOUGHTS

Just some other honorable mentions. They’re all beats and “CONFESSION” is my fave bc it samples Sea of Love by Cat Power which I love already but it sounds just as good on this song. The others I found because SoundCloud suggested them to me based on what I’ve been listening to. Again, these are nice things to listen to when you wanna study, chill, write, all that stuff.


So those are my SoundCloud favorites that I listen to every day now. I really hope some of you check them out because there a tons of unknown talented artists on there that need to be discovered. And hey, one day I’m gonna be sharing some of my own music on there, too. I don’t know when, hopefully sometime next year but I’ll let you know. In the meantime, enjoy the music!

Deuces.
December 6th, 2016 at 07:59pm