Manga Downloader & Manga Reviews

I've been having troubles downloading manga lately from DomDomSoft and I just realized the application is down for the time being and I don't know if it will ever work again. I've been trying to find another program to replace it by looking here and yet I haven't found something that works. MangaZone works on my smartphone but with some manga it's not enough and I can't keep zooming here and there in order to read a page.

kyoya. had told me about mangabird on her phone and that I could download it onto my desktop; but its not working on me desktop because of windows 7 (mangabird allows you to download chapters and has a pretty wide array of choices but not for windows 7, it needs newest windows) On desktop, she uses mangafox and (occasionally) mangago, but I can't direct download chapters.

Do you guys know any program that will work on windows 7 or even a site that will help me download via direct volumes or at least chapters?

I've found a bunch of shoujo manga that I'd like to read and I'm unable to do so. Help me?

PS. I found a firefox extension that helps you download all the pictures in a a page and with that I have been downloading chapter by chapter. It's called Image Downloader.

__________________________
REVIEWS
__________________________

My Lover, My Teacher

You have to be kidding me. This was the end? No sequel? No nothing? He just left? I don't know what to say. This was filled with a lot of heartbreak and cheating. I hate cheaters but I understand Kyujin. Kyujin may seem like he played with Jimin and Doyeol's feelings but he didn't. His cousin, Doyeol, was the first lover he had and he wasn't sure what he was feeling. It was clear from the start that he was unsure about them and he wanted his cousin to be happy because they had been through so much since they lost their families and when he realized how deep Kyujin's feelings were, he wanted to make him more happy and he rushed things with being in a relationship and a ring. Then when he met his student, Jimin, he tried to fight the feelings that started from a joke but when he heard from Jimin that he was leaving and he would go to the States, he let all his feelings (that he was holding back in order not to hurt his cousin) unleashed. Doyeol knew Kyujin's button and when a few months had passed with Jimin being away he made his moves in order to reclaim his cousin (meaning lover, meaning Kyujin). He played dirty by sending that message to Jimin as if it was sent by Kyujin, but everything is fair in love and war. We can really see the deepness of Doyeol's feelings and how torn Kyujin was between the two guys who loved him. Don't forget that the only relationship Kyujin had before he fell for Jimin was with Doyeol. He didn't have the experience nor was he interested in a relationship before. So, when Jimin came back and they met, sparks went flying again and they ended up together. I'm so sad over Doyeol's heartbreak. He listened to his lover have sex in their own house, and he had to kick Kyujin out because it would have been unbearable living in the same place, even if it was a few days a month, because he would have to live knowing Kyujin loved another. When Doyeol took a big step and married, I honestly thought he was punishing himself because he felt guilty of still feeling what he felt for his cousin and he knew there was no other way for the two of them to meet. Doyeol wasn't ready for their meet-up and he might have never been, and that's why after a while they fell back to the same circle and slept together. In the end, Kyujin ended up leaving both of them without even telling them properly because he knew that circle would never end. He was too confused with his emotions, not knowing what to do and the fact that he couldn't choose between his first love (his cousin who he has relied on since young) or to choose the one he fell for hard. And yes, Kyujin was in love with Doyeol but he never had to question his feelings before and even if he was with Jimin, he thought Doyeol would always be there for him. He took him for granted without even realizing it. It's a tragic story and in the end, all of them are left heartbroken. I thought I wouldn't really enjoy this but something about this story drags you in and even though I didn't like the ending because Kyujin left both Doyeol and Jimin without explaining and just leaving two letters addressed to them behind after moving to someplace secluded to make a new start, there are still hopes for a sequel. I mean the ending is kind of open cause you don't know what would happen next and from what we know, Kyujin didn't have it in him to stay away from Doyeol because even before he knew about the wedding, he kept wondering about Doyeol and even dreamed of him when he spilled his name and Jimin heard him. This is a gem. A must-read for me if you like emotion roller-coasters.

Work, Fight and Love:

First things first, Mr. Woo Soohan is so adorable!! I really like the characters and how they are building up along with the story-line. So, Taeyul looks like Soohan's first love and that why he dislikes him at first and Taeyul being the predator character tries whatever he can so he can get on Soohan's good side.

The ending of chapter 17, oh gosh! ''If you only you weren't a man.'' Taeyul found out he has the same vies on love with Soohan, but Soohan is gay and he is straight. I can hear the alarms. Do you?I ship these two together already.

Mr. Yoon doesn't seem sincere. The way he is portrayed is like he doesn't actually feel everything he says because he is not replying to his lovers' messages, sometimes even all day and that makes his lover sad. Plus, they've never said to each other what they really feel. Soohan is scared, but what about Mr. Yoon? Reading the next few chapters, I'm glad we got to know more about Mr. Yoon's past and how he got to know his honey. It was only after the attempt on his life that he realized how much he felt for him.

Mr. Yoon's dream really hit me hard, ''You can't have both.'' I felt extremely depressed that Mr. Yoon couldn't have his happy ending because of his terrible position and bad choices. Life is unfair and no one could have predicted what was to come. It would have helped if every character was open about their past and present problems. It could have saved a lot of grief and pain for each of them.

Mr. Yoon broke up with him in order to keep him safe and not because he didn't love him. His life was literally on danger and he had no idea about it or his lover's past. Soohan cried his eyes out, went to his house, asked what was going on and pleaded for them to be together. Those scenes were hurt-breaking. I cried my eyes out.

Continuing with reading till chapter 42, I'm glad to see their friendship being progressive (Soohan & Taeyun). I think Taeyun already likes him but he hasn't realized it yet but Soohan already knows he has started to like him and tries to think against it because he know the other party is straight. At the end of the 42th chapter, when Soohan says ''bye'' is like he is saying goodbye for good and he has a sad yet cold expression because realization hit him hard when Taeyun said he wanted a family and kids who share the same blood with him. It's something he couldn't give him so he knew the feelings he had were pointless. Heart-breaking scene! On another note, when Soohan kissed him' it must have taken a lot of guts to do that knowing the other person is straight.

After reading chapter 50, I got some strange vibes. Seems to me that Soohan can't believe in Taeyun's feelings yet and it seems like a fairy-tale to him that soon will end. There is also Taeyun's jealousy starting to show more which means that more problems will come. Maybe like his previous relationship.

Chapter 51 was pure bliss. I'm so hapy they talked about their feelings openly. <3

After chapter 58 I'm wondering if Soohan isn't really in love with Taeyul and he was just ''his way out'' from the miserable state Mr. Yoon left him. Taeyul's signs of being obsessive have started showing thanks to his past trauma and because he knew how much Soohan loved his ex. I hope they'll work things out. Though I'll be sad if Mr. Yoon wants to get back with Soohan. :'( Dilemma. Why can't they all be happy? :'( But that's one of the reasons this is so realistic because not everything is like being in a fairytale.

I was waiting for a bomb like that and chapter 61 was just that. What a bitch (excuse my french) Yoon's wife is. She knows Mr. Yoon doesn't love her and won't look her way but she didn't have to throw that to Soohan. How can she ask him to break-up with his current boyfriend, never work in the same industry and never come into any sort of contact with Mr. Yoon? Let's say I get the whole ''don't go near my man if you want me to save him'' plan, but why destroy his life? Soohan did nothing wrong. Yes, he was with a married man but only because Mr. Yoon was planning to get a divorce and his wife knew. :'( And now Soohan broke-up with Taeyul and in such a heart-breaking way and without Taeyul knowing the truth. i really don't know about which one of these three men I can cry about. They are all hurting and I'm crying my eyes out for all of them. :'(

I loved the ending. <3 I'm sad about Mr. Yoon but I think that was the only acceptable ending for the story-line and he realized what his wife did for his sake and how much she loved him. It showed like he saw his wife in a new light which is the best. As for Taeyul, he found Soohan and he asked him out again and in a way that showed his genuine feelings and touched me deeply. <3

I wish I could have seen some sex scenes, I can only imagine how they would like, but damn - Taeyul is so hot! A very sexy man. <3 There might be a 18+ version of this, by the words of the author so I can only hope it happens. Especially if its a webtoon version too. I'd read it all over again from the start. <3

I have one thing to say to the author, ''Yoo Ha Jin, you never faze to amaze me with your writings. Your works are always heart-breaking and totally realistic. Thank you for writing these gems.''

BJ Alex:

Okay, first chapter and I'm hooked. A cliffhanger but he did realize it was him from the night streaming show, so I wonder how things will develop. Huge difference between his real character and the character he portrays.

Chapter 03: I’m that one comment “Choke me daddy” XD. The only time a meme actually fits context. Plus, bottom: *cums so hard once, he faints* and the top: *fap and leave.*

And at the end of chapter 05, BJ Alex is vaping? Really? Hot view! <3
Hm... so BJ Alex can't get hard for his streaming if he doesn't thing of the uke? Why? It's not like they were involved. If anything he didn't like the guy and was angry he found out who he is. Strange! And in the end the only thing BJ Alex thought of doing was popping DG's (uke's name for short) cherry and he proposed of being sex friends and told him to drink the alcohol he prepared for him if he agreed. DG should have refused. I'd love to see BJ Alex explaining how he got erect only with him and how it had to be him. That would have been precious 100%.

That member of the student council has some serious anger issues. That stayed with me more than the fact they would have gotten caught having sex in the student council's room.

I wonder what would have happened if DG opened the door to BJ' Alex's broadcast room while he was on air? He would have been so mad, for sure.

Chapter 20/21: As for MD, I can say I'm really satisfied of how he looked interested in GD and how that made our BJ Alex jealous, even though he'd never admit it. And he was jealous again when GD said he had watched MD's show. Fuck yes! <3 If my intuition is right, then GD's friend and co-worker will end up with MD in sidestories. Hopefully! I shipped them more than a sandwich with BJ MD and BJ Alex and between GD. And yes, my intuition came true. <3 100%.

Chapter 30: That was BJ Alex's ex-boyfriend, right? That explains why he is acting like that. I guess we'll find out as this manga progresses.

Chapter 39: I was waiting for some sort of drama to rise up and it happened when DG went into the broadcast room while BJ Alex was in action, in order to blow him and went off on the camera saying he was even BJ Alex's lover which wasn't even true. BJ Alex will be furious! :(

I like the way the story-line is moving. How they ended what they had, the portrayal of their feelings and how the tables were finally turned in chapter 45/46, and especially when BJ Alex finally admitted his feelings for GD cause let's face it - he had the hots for him since the beginning. 100% sure about it. The way they became a couple and how they made love and everything of that sort are so satisfying because we get to see the progress of these characters. Seeing DG smile is the best treat we're having. :)

Continuing with the chapters up to chapter 80, I honestly love how much Alex as changed throughout this manhwa. Just comparing him to his earlier actions is so stark. Sometimes I re-read the beginning to myself just to compare it to these later chapters. He changed from being the king of pretensions and doing live shows for attention to being so matured, that he can be in a committed relationship and stand up for his partner, he GREW UP SO MUCH! He really is a sweet guy now that he's let go of the past and is relying on Dong-Gyun. Love can really change a person and I’m literally crying Our baby finally opened up his shell and matured. Such a beautiful scene! His anger management issues are finally gone and he’s let go of the pain of his past! I’m just happy for him and DG. The author showed the characters' development so beautifully.

As for BJ MD and GD's friend relationship; even though it was short, it covered every detail needed to make it show character growth and development from master/slave to boyfriends and still having BDSM in their lives. It was really good.

This is one of the rare manga/webtoons that I have to give 5/5 stars for the rating. It deserves that much! Well done! 100%

Lifeless Man:

After reading this, I get the feeling the webtoon is incomplete, though I realize that the author left it like that so we know Sekwang will die but not hurt us by actually reading about his death and the pain Jun will have to go through. I liked the basic idea of this; seeing the number of everyone's lifespan with the twist not seeing the one's you want to see the most. Another thought I have that was hinted when Jun mentioned that the other person would soon see the other person's number was that the ones they held close those person's numbers they couldn't see but when they had less than a year to leave, then they could see it in order to enjoy the remaining time (which is a year) to the fullest.

I would have liked to see more character development, it's the only thing that was amiss from this. Their emotions were really lacking we can only see them in the last 3-4 chapters.

I am actually kinda glad that it ended before he actually died. Don’t think I’d be able to handle the sadness. Though I wish there was some way for them to “skirt” the issue. Like if he died for a minute, but was able to be revived, this “resetting” the timer, as it were. But since Jim Ha is an actual doctor, I am guessing that he would already known if that were possible or not, since he would have seen people like that and seen their numbers before and after the temporary death. And if that could work, he’d have already run across a case like that. But even if we don’t see his actual death, it still feels very bittersweet. And it makes me sad.

The ending is a sad-open ending. If someone likes angst, then I would recommend this story to you.

Another kind of ending I would have enjoyed would have been: if on the day Sekwang was gonna die, they planned a vacation. It was calm and mysterious as they held hands, the moment of his death was mere minutes away. "Jun ha, you... seem to have numbers too and it says, 30 seconds" Jun ha looks in shock and relief that, both of them are gonna die at the same exact time. The End.

Painter of the Night:

It's slow paced, history based and the mystery element is low. The psychological explanation would be interesting if it show up in the following chapters about how one got into sodomy (Seungho, a young nobleman) and how the other got into painting these acts (Na-kyum).

I have mixed feelings about chapter 41. I mean Na-kyum's teacher is an asshat. and that sentence at the end of the previous chapter pulled at my heart strings. Its obvious the young painter picked the wrong way to cope with the sadness fueling his heart by asking for sex in hopes of forgetting everything weighting down on him. Seungho is still the same person like always; cold, absolute and ready to hit him at the first slip up. Though that is the case, he seems intrigued by Na-kyum's behavior and demands through his fierce attitude an explanation.

The learned one isn't as innocent and straightforward as we thought he was. He seems like a snake that wants to use his student to climb up the ladder even if it means his student has to sleep with Seungho. Upon realizing Seungho's interest towards Na-kyum; he uses him.

Chapter 46; wanting to leave but having nowhere else to go. That realizing must have downed on Na-kyum for good now. He really has nowhere else to go and the attitude he will keep receiving won't be good but at least he has a place to sleep and eat, even under these circumstances.

Chapter 47; ''Little Whore'' he was called by the stuff in the residence. There are always a few jealous working people here and there, no biggie, nothing. But, that doesn't mean these words don't sting.

Chapter 48; One of the reasons Seungho is so attracted to Na-kyum -after painting of course- is that Na-kyum hasn't been honest or clear in his honest, thus making Seungho want to learn more about this strange behavior.

Chapter 49; Seems like Na-kyum has surrendered to what he seems to be his fate, being used for sex in order to have a roof over his head and food.

Chapter 52; the way the chapter ended seems to me like Seungho will regret saying that and sharing the lowborn with all others in sexual activities. Its like he is trying to prove something to others and to himself and I believe he will fail doing so. Na-kyum as well; he seemed to have forgotten who his master really was till reality kicked in and he show him kiss one of the others.

Chapter 53; there is one basic element here that has been said to us but only showed once and that was how possessive Seungho is about the paintings. This chapter has been like a revelation from a third party and explained and showed all at once. Such a serious scene for our both leads and it was quick paced. That took a bit away of the progress we could have seen.

Moving on in the next chapters we see the realization of what they feel and how they try to deny parts of it and still while that hasn't cleared up yet, an illness is brought up and the lousy attempt of Jinhwa to get the master to look his way. At this point, things will start getting more interesting and we will see how far Seungho's obsessiveness will take him and the point of madness he will reach. Na-kyum is always afraid, from start till now, he has never been brave. He had only closed his feelings off cause of the Learned one and started feeling again with Seungho who is making him sad again. He should have been his safe haven after what he went through, and instead of that he is his downfall.

The painter's noona; why did she look for him after so long? And who knows what she's been through being a kisaeng for so long that she said these words to him? I'm sure the painter is thinking of her words but nothing will change what he's already feeling. Seungho asking Na-kyum to not push him away, was a nice touch. His feelings are coming through more clear now.
April 22nd, 2017 at 11:42pm