NaNoWriMo, Senior Prom, Work, Puppy

I've been so focused on writing that I've been pretty lurking on Mibba. (I check it like 500 times a day. It's bookmarked on my phone's browser so whenever I'm using my phone idly--which is like 90% of the time--I just click the Mibba icon and check things. Hit me up in the PM if you wanna talk.) I finally broke 40K words the other day, after I took a day off, and now I'm back on track to win NaNo. It feels great, honestly; I fell into this weird two-year-long rut where I couldn't write anything. Now I'm back at it again.

Anyway, Prom is Saturday, so this week is going to be busy. I'll have to devise a plan to stay on my word count daily goals. Wednesday, I'm getting a haircut since the Great Clips done fuk't me up and hopefully I'll be doing my senior pictures afterward. Then I'll be hanging with my boyfriend. Thursday, I work. Friday, my beautiful baby boy (see below) will be going for his first visit at the vet's office! (More later). And then Prom is Saturday! I'm gonna look bomb AF. Because I'm a lower-middle-class small-town white boy I had to rent a tux, as most people do. It's a dark gray (but not too dark) with black shoes, a white undershirt, and a navy blue vest and tie. My date, my friend Alejandra, is wearing this super pretty dress with a lace bodice and a high-low skirt. Our flowers are white roses made of paper, with light green leaves and navy blue ribbons to match. We're gonna look FIERCE.

And now on to my favorite topic: work. Just to preface this section, I work at Burger King, and let me just say that everyone who works there/at another store in our district agrees that this specific one is a dumpster fire of a restaurant. But, we also generate the most revenue for our franchisee, so it's like a double-edged sword. Anyway, I tried quitting last month and turned out that I hated my new job even more (surprising, I know) and so I came back. The conditions of my return were: I am to be on a 90-day probation during which I will prove I really want to work there, and after I will begin training for a team lead position. I'm leaving for college in August so I figured why not, I get my job back and I'll be gone before they know it. But, we have 4 managers in total: An, Al, B, and R. An is the new restaurant manager since our last got moved to another store, leaving us even more shorthanded than we already were. Well, Saturday, An quit. Leaving us with THREE managers. And guess what? B put in her two weeks notice and R decided today that she was just not going to show up any more. This leaves us with ONE MANAGER. ONE. It's honestly so FUNNY. We are so fucked. The franchisee is coming in tomorrow to open and that NEVER happens. The most he ever does is stand in the lobby and yell at us for not doing what we are supposed to.

But, hey, you know what this means? I might get my promotion faster. I'm one of the only willing crew members to take one. You know what else this means? I'M GONNA TRY TO NEGOTIATE A BIGGER PAY RAISE, MUAHAHAHAH. What are they gonna do, say no and screw themselves even more over two or three more dollars an hour in my pocket? Haha, perfect plan. Right? Lmao, we will just have to see what happens.

Anyway, on to what is really important: MY DOG.

Image

Image

His name is Jax and hes adorable!!!! He's a literal fucking psycho but I love him he is too cute. He's going to the vet on Friday! We got him a couple months ago and he has never been vaccinated, so hopefully we can get at least the first set out of the way then. And we will also be scheduling his neutering! He's too crazy to mate, and he likes to run to EVERYTHING that even resembles another animal. They gotta go, bud.

Anyway, he's too cute. I love him. I'm more excited to take him to the vet and let everyone see how absolutely adorable he is than I am for prom honestly. Once he's UTD on all of his vaccinations and he has been neutered, I'm going to license him, and he's going to go to obedience school! And then he will be ready to be a certified emotional support animal and I can bring him on campus!

(I honestly feel really bad for making him an emotional support animal, but he's my dog and I love him and I know that if I were to leave him at home while I live on campus he will be gone by the time I get back home. My mom doesn't like him ): It sucks.)

None of y'all read this but I don't care!

How are you guys today, though? Let me know. Also drop any stories you might want me to read, and check out my Original Fantasy Contest.
April 26th, 2017 at 05:38am