Out of It

For some reason, today has just been off. I haven't had a day to myself since last Monday--I've either been hanging out with friends or working every day since, with no time to myself. So I blew off my boyfriend today and tomorrow to be at home alone since I have tomorrow off work. I was like "Hey, I'm gonna do some shit," like play Dragon Age or something, and I literally took a half hour nap and sat around on my phone all day after I got home from work.

I've been wanting to write, but I'm not sure what. I want to find something I won't lose interest in after a chapter or two. I've lost interest in The Land of Infinite Whispers a chapter and a half in. I lost interest in Ichor and Ambrosia 50,000 words in. I haven't even started my contest entry Part of a Machine and I don't even want to. I just don't know what to do right now.

I was thinking of going on CreateSpace and printing out a book-version of the first half of Ichor and Ambrosia that I have and maybe editing it that way, but I just... don't have any motivation to do so.

Usually I get past Writer's Block by writing so much that I just can't stop myself and I end up wanting to write more, but that hasn't worked lately. I don't know what I want to do now, I want to brainstorm but I'm not sure exactly what I want to brainstorm on... sci-fi? Fantasy? Contemporary? Ugh.

I also bought a bunch of books--Incarceron, the Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, I'm Half-Sick of Shadows, The King Must Die, and A Darker Shade of Magic, but I have no motivation to read any. I've been meaning to start reading A Song of Ice and Fire again, but after the first page I put it down and never picked it up again.

I might try drawing to help me brainstorm, but I'm a terrible traditional artist. I don't know. I'm probably also going to open my graphics shop again soon, considering I have the free time, but I'm going on vacation on the 10th, and on the 17th I'm moving off to college, and after that I'll be starting my new job, so we'll see if that happens, and if it does we will see how long it lasts.

If you guys wanna talk, shoot me a PM or a comment. I'm always lurking. Give me reads if y'all want too and I'll try to read and leave a good constructive comment. I'm going to try to start shilling out new content soon.
July 27th, 2017 at 04:43am