Facebook Drama, Politics and Other Things

I must constantly distract myself nowadays. There are several apps on my phone, sometimes I wish Mibba had one too, hint hint aherm, admin to track news and manage social media accounts. The reason I started writing again is because I got angry, the unhealthy what the hell I must do SOMETHING, kind of angry. I’m from California and last year I moved to Las Vegas because rising housing costs drove me away from my home town of Los Angeles.

I voted for Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton last year because I was trying to avoid giving the lazy, blow hard rich guy a chance to screw the American tax payer for expensive golfing sessions and unnecessary vacations at just six months in office. I tried. I tried to get used to him being my president, I really did but no. I just cannot stomach it. His attack on the press was enough for me distance myself from a white house that doesn’t care about the environment and the future of our children. This administration is busy deporting grandmothers and family members to get the real bad guys. The bad guys selling dope on the street, raping women and abusing children. The goal of the Trump administration has been to put more money in their pockets while our educational systems are discredited and they lie to our faces saying everything is ok and the president did not collude with Russia in the least.

All three branches of government are controlled by the GOP now and still nothing is getting done oh wait, yeah something happened-the president withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement, therefore, giving away our planet to pollution/ waste dumping. If that were not enough he has also actively attacked women’s rights by pulling funding from Planned Parenthood because apparently, PP is JUST an abortion clinic and nothing more (they totally don’t offer mammograms, pap smears, sexual education, STD screenings etc.) I wish there was a sarcastic font I could use. He was also recently ousted in a recording trying to dictate what the president of Mexico can or can’t say to his constituents about “the wall” or as I like to call it “the great wall of shame.” He thinks a see-through barrier with solar panels will stop the cartels from getting drugs on American soil. While also ignoring the opioid epidemic currently flooding American cities all over the country. Oh no, excuse me-he didn’t ignore it he outright mocked the crisis by calling New Hampshire a drug infested den touting that as a reason for why he ‘won big there.’ Yes, this is who I am supposed to call the president.

His two attempts at a health care repeal and replace have also failed make it on a 2/3 vote. Both Republican and Democratic members have spoken about their apprehension to regarding the 2 different failed bills. Thanks to this million have not yet lost coverage. My problem with the president is not that he’s a Republican because he isn’t. I’ve also realized that his followers are also not republican. This whatever this is, is not THAT. Conservative politicians have run their campaign on family values and Christian righteousness for a long time. I just can’t get over his lecherous behavior towards women and the way he treats his wife. I also think it’s weird that Ivanka Trump is being included into all these presidential decisions, his whole family is. It reeks of Nepotism. Last week a Trump supporter told me on a comment thread, that the only reason “I hated Trump was because I was an illegal and I’m scared he’ll take my welfare.” This was because I reminded him that calling something “fake news” because it doesn’t embellish everything Trump does, doesn’t make it fake especially considering it was a recording that was leaked. He SAID that.

He looked at my username (they usually go by if your last name sounds Latin), my dark skin and started saying racist things; like questioning my citizenship and being an all-around degrading troll. In fact, I was commenting on this news thread because I like to stay informed and I said something about people hiding family members who are undocumented like in Nazi Germany when some Germans hid Jewish people from the Nazis and then I got a bunch of comments from Trump supporters saying they would report me to ICE and that I’m not a real American. Sorry I don’t want kids to be motherless and fatherless, guys my bad. Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of that white nationalism too on social media site although Mibba is a pretty good haven from that, haven’t noticed anything like that here.

So, long story short I get a few threats in my messages and then receive a message from Facebook saying someone has requested I verify my identity. Then I put two and two together that the troll wanted my real name to report me to ICE and make good on his threats. So, I screenshotted the messages and sent them to Facebook before sending them a picture of my ID. I could come to a compromise with them and I only used part of my first and middle name. The reason being, two years ago, I was violently assaulted and I didn’t want my attacker being able to look me up and stalking me which he had done on prior occasions.

I’ve been steadily working towards my degree, keeping myself busy and trying to move on. It was hard at first but this year I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of things. When I heard, the Donald talk about women the way he did it made something inside me snap. Like I said, I got angry because he has basically proven that one can say and do the most disrespectful and disgusting things and still be elected president under a flawed electorate system.

Oh, but apparently, my opinion doesn’t matter because I’m just a stupid liberal, snowflake, dumb millennial. Oh, and that’s another thing that pisses me off why is it that our thoughts and opinions on things are so undervalued and mocked by older generations, like for example boomers? I’m sick of that old stereotype they throw at us. Oh, you probably still live in your parents’ house in their basement. Some people need to do that because they don’t make as much and can’t afford a house on one income like they could back in the day. I’m sick of it. I have my own apartment at least and it took me a long time to get it to and no I didn’t have the luxury of running to my mother for lodging. I left the nest as soon as I turned 18. I grew up poor and broke and living in a one bedroom apartment with 6 other people and raised by a single mother. I worked my way up to where I am now. I’ve had a job since I was 13. Mama didn’t raise no fool. Now I have a 2-bedroom apartment for just me and my boyfriend of 6 years and a car. I grew up riding the bus all over LA. So, that’s a step up for me. I beat drug addiction, homelessness, self-deprecation. So, I’m not some dumb kid that doesn’t know anything about life and I resent being classified as that. Therefore, I want to write for a newspaper of some sort. The LA Times, The New York Times or the Chicago Tribune. Plus, I get to stick it to the man because apparently, he hates the media.

Toodles, Guilty.
August 7th, 2017 at 07:31am