A life of owning a business

The business
The business itself is going quite well, I sometimes still have to pinch myself about where I am. I sometimes feel a lot of spite towards myself because of my extreme opinions and views on everything, and because it seems to be working towards helping my current success. I think the fact Ive even manage to get where I am now is very good - but its not enough for me. Im always wanting more, I want to expand and open other gyms, thats my plan and it will happen - its just a matter of time.

Still learning
I am still learning, this is my first christmas in business and I can tell you its tricky, you work and obviously earn money, time off is money lost - its hard but motivating at the same time to actually go to work and to get your finger out your arse. Any businessman, footballer, personal trainer, bar manager - who says they know it all are lying. You learn something every day, you never stop learning. Whether it be about yourself, the business, your abilities to maybe mentally push yourself. It could be anything.

Fears
I do have fears and anxiety that this might not work, its only being human, everyone has doubts from day to day and its being human that makes that happen. I fear maybe what if business doesnt pick up? But I had an enquiry yesterday, its christmas, business slows down for a lot of small firms around this time of year. I fear of failing, everyone does, but that just pushes me to work harder - its swings and roundabouts really.

Love Life
What love life? Ive been sleeping around a fair bit, having some fun, trying out the different flavours on offer. Who wants to be stuck with vanilla ice cream their entire life? Come on man. A relationship scares the life out of me, I fear again that if a relationship came into my life it would effect my working ethic and work desires to build this almighty gym empire - thats why I dont think any relationship will happen for another few years just yet. In my life, its me and my work, my work is my life, I love it, money is good, and I feel I have the ability to grow it as much as I mentally feel myself able to. A few more employees in my current location and it would be looking very sweet indeed. But you NEED to work hard.

Id only really want a love life if I could supply that person with anything in the world they wanted, Id want to spoil them, adore them, and I dont think I could at the moment, work would get in the way - thats why I hold back a lot.

Plans
Plans are to ideally have 10k in the bank by the new year - a push at the moment because business has slowed and expenditure has increased, but its a nice goal. I want 30-40k in the bank by next April, realistic. Then if thats the case - Im going to sit down with a client of mine who wants to invest and have some serious chats with him about the potential selling of shares. With 100k in the bank and an income of 500-600 a week off my gym in aberdeen, I would be sitting pretty to open another few gyms with little pressure. Thats my plan and my goal and Im fixated on achieving it.
November 28th, 2017 at 12:19pm