I'm in New Zealand! + Vlog

Hello friends!

I'm officially in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand!

I've been here since Sunday (currently Saturday here!) and I'm loving it! Here's some tidbits of what I've done so far:

Sunday: I did that weird thing where I would get homesick but then not homesick but then homesick again. I walked around my new campus. Then all the dorms got together to play get-to-know-you games.

Monday: First there was a community block party where we played a 3 legged race and then tug a war (which my team won). Then it started raining so we went inside and had hot dogs. It was then that I discovered New Zealand uses normal bread and not hot dog buns. I had orientation and class sign up. Then later that night I drank with new friends.

Tuesday: Not much but we explored a lot of nature walks.

Wednesday: Another international student meeting that included free food. Later that night there was an art thing going on so I made a Ravenclaw crest.

Thursday: Discovered another nature walk and later that night went to an EDM concert at a bar.

Friday: We went to some swimming pool and I discovered that "Man I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain is a very well loved song among my classmates. Then me and some friends hung out.

I'm doing nothing right now. It's a very chill day. Some of my friends went to the lava cave but I overslept so I missed it. But I do have a tour of Auckland tomorrow! I'm going to Takapuna, Devonport, the city, and then One Tree Hill. Vlog for that coming soon.

But speaking of vlogs, here's the one for my arrival: clickity.

It's been a great week so far! I also have photos of birds which you can find on my animal photography page called Fascinating Creatures: clickity. They are a Southern Black-Backed Gull and a Pukeko.

That's all I got! See y'all later!

Ciao a tutti!
February 24th, 2018 at 02:16am