Surgery Results!

So yesterday I had my surgery! It was a test to check for endometriosis or Cervical Cancer.

I arrived at the hospital at 11:20 AM. I had a quick chck in, and was immediately taken back to my room. The two nurses who were doing my screening were so kind. They were thorough, and made sure I was comfortable. I told the one nurse I was ready to freak out. She gave me some aroma therapy treatment. It was a cotton ball soaked in lavender scent, and it was lovely! I was chilling out, and watching TV until I saw the doctor.

The doctor and anesthesiologist came in and went through a quick rundown with me. After that, I got scared again. I was ready to panic and back out. The nurse gave me a shot of "happy juice"(lol I thought it was cute she called it that). I think it was valium though. And thank god I had some of that happy juice. I think I would of went into a full blown panic attack when they put me in the surgery room. They strapped me down and shoved and oxygen mask on my face. But I was so chill from the happy juice I was like, "Do whatever the f*ck you want!"

I don't even remember counting backwards. All I remember was the Anastasia going into my hand and burning. I woke up to another kind face. She told me what the doctor found. I am happy to say I AM CANCER FREE!. I do have endometriosis though. She told me that he found some small traces of it, and removed it.

I began to feel extremely sick(like vomiting wise). The nurse gave me some peppermint aroma therapy and some nausea medicine. It didn't help. I basically was dry heaving for 20 minutes straight. YUCK!
The nurse gave me a shot in the butt with a stronger dose of nausea medicine. After 20 minutes she had me eat and take some pain medicine. WELL, I threw everything up after that. I think I spent my and hour and a half either dry heaving or vomiting up sh*t.

I got home, and had a flood of text messages from people wondering how the surgery went and how it overall went. The only person who did not text me was my ex. I was kinda bummed that he forgot, but I'm not surprised. After I talked to some people I passed out until 9 PM. Got up, ate, and was able to keep it down.

So yeah. I have my follow up with the OBGYN in 4 weeks, and we are going to go over some treatment options for endometriosis.

Thanks for reading this ramble. Talk to you soon Mibba!
March 17th, 2018 at 02:01pm