30 Day Anime Blog Challenge: Day 22

Music: Ugly || Jaira Burns
Eating: Greek yogurt with Hershey's sauce and almonds.
Drinking: Pepsi.
Feeling: I honestly don't know anymore.


_____

How is everyone today? I hope you're all feeling well. I'm not quite sure how I'm doing, but I'm making due.

Our GM didn't end up coming in to work today like he was supposed to, so I stressed half the day for absolutely no reason. Ah well, at least I got a lot done today; I get extra motivated when I'm stressed.

_____

So, on today's agenda, we have:

Day Twenty-Two: Favorite weapon, gear, or armor used in an anime.

So, I almost used this one for the animal/summon one, but decided to save it for this because, in general, I don't really care too much about gear/weapons/armor. I mean, if I really thought about it, sure I could pull one out that I thought was really neat, but only two have ever really stood out to me, and the one that stood out the best was:

Yukine/Sekki

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

From Noragami. Honestly the concept of Regalias is super interesting to me, gods binding lost souls and using them as weapons, while also giving them a second lease on life, in a way, and, in a lot of cases, protecting the land of the living and cleansing/removing evil souls and spirits from the world with them.

Yukine was just shy of going on my poop list and never coming off. However, he grows and learns and eventually breaks my heart. Surprisingly Yato never even came close to being on that list; I have problems with grey area characters who are trying their best to do the right thing, can you tell?

But yes, spirit weapons/summons that also develop their own abilities and are needed by the wielder as much as their wielder needs them? A great concept, beautifully animated and executed, 10/10, you can't change my mind.

Image

__

My runner up for this one is:

Kurikara

The demon slaying sword that held Rin Okumura's demon heart in Ao no/Blue Exorcist.

Image

Image

Image

I mean, I kinda just love Rin in general, but yeah. A good concept that I like v much, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

_____

Alrighty, I'm off to write some more, and maybe practice on Duolingo. I hope you're all having good nights, and if not, I hope they get infinitely better.
March 23rd, 2018 at 02:19am