Polyvore Doesn't Make Any "SSENSE" | To Anyone Who's Used Polyvore

AIGHT. I'M MAD.

I was typing up a chapter and I got to the point where she's like, "Hmm, what should I wear?" And I was like... "I haven't made an outfit on Polyvore in forever! Why not?" So I went onto Polyvore thinking I could act like I have a sense of fashion for once and the layout changed and a pop up came saying,

"POLYVORE CHANGED TO SSENSE"

ME:
Image

Ummmmm, okay? Maybe they just decided to revamp the whole site and stuff. You know sometimes sites do occasionally do that, albeit very rare. I go to login and I can't remember my account so I'm like, I'll just go look for a story that has a link to one of my creations/sets and go from there.

I find a link, click it, takes me back to SSENSE and I. DO. NOT. SEE. MY. CREATION.

Image

The first thing I do is google, "WHAT HAPPENED TO POLYVORE?" (Yes, in all caps.) AND I SEE THESE ARTICLES SAYING IT JUST SHUT DOWN A FEW DAYS AGO WITH NO WARNING WHATSOEVER AFTER THIS "SSENSE" COMPANY BOUGHT THEM OUT.

Everyone is maaaaaad.

Rightfully so.

I mean, I never went on Polyvore every day, let alone once a month, HOWEVER, I loved polyvore. I loved making cute outfits and seeing what others made. I learned how to describe clothing a lot better by using it. And I loved feeling like I was playing some sort of dressing game with my characters and now... it's just gone.

AND WHY DOES THIS NEW COMPANY THROW EVERYONE OUT UNDER THE BUS AND NOT ANNOUNCE THEY'RE DOING THIS? LIKE, YOU COULD HAVE WARNED THE FREAKING USERS??

Image

ANYWAYS....

Here are a few things to take note, I guess.

People are signing a petition online to bring back the old Polyvore. You can find it here. Whether or not it will actually have an impact, is questionable, but I signed it nonetheless.

Also, apparently, you can still get your sets/creations back, but you have to download them and it comes in a .zip file. I just opened mine and everything is there, but I'm so upset that it's no longer up. All my story links to them are completely obsolete now and worthless and just link to that freaking site. To download your creations/sets if you want them, GO HERE. Take note you have to DOWNLOAD BEFORE MAY 15. Everything gets wiped after that.

I guess this ends the blog.

But just if you were wondering, SSENSE is a clothing outlet. People are swearing they won't use it. I doubt it will either - the clothes are kinda... weird (to me), but mostly because I'm a bitter bitch.
April 10th, 2018 at 09:40am