Sharing Mommy and Being a Big Sister

Samantha is now a big sister!

I found out about my son back in March of 2018. It was definitely a surprise. But I waz over the moon when my doctor told me I was finally having a boy! Just thrilled! I remember crying and telling her that she was my "new best friend" and that she had given me some incredible news. My husband even teared up!

Pregnancy with Jason, though, was much more painful than Samantha. He would lay in awkward positions, constantly press on my bladder, and made my back hurt so bad that I had fallen at work just from walking. My cousin, who i worked with for a time, would make me take frequent breaks and tried to look out for me as much as possible. My head nurse was amazing as well. She would check my blood pressure regularly and always ask if O was alright or needed help. All of them did.

Like Samantha, Jason was late. But only by a few days. I was due at the end of November. The 30th. But, my kids are just as stubborn and bullheaded as me and my husband.

It was second of December, around seven in the evening. My husband, daughter, and myself were hanging out at his uncle's house when I began to feel pain. It radiated from my back to my belly. It only took about half a second before I realized I was having contractions.

I texted my mom, as she would be taking my daughter, and told her. She said to just keep her posted and for me to just relax. So, we left my husband's uncle's and headed home. Samantha was in bed by ten and my husband and I followed shortly after. However, it seemed like i was waking up every ten minutes because of my contractions. Finally, at around four in the morning, I called my mom and told her, "Sissy's bag is packed. He's coming. I'm on my way."

We dropped Samantha off, hugging and kissing her the whole time. Then, we shot straight to the hospital. My contractions were literally right on top of each other. I was checked in, taken to labor and delivery, and put in a room. The nurse ended up giving me a strong pain medication while I waited about an hour for my epidural. I felt bad for cursing like a sailor when I had one, big, long contraction that made me curse. Rather colorfully, too.

I lay there for hous, dozing in and out. My blood pressure kept dropping, Jason was head first, but face up, they had to refill my uterus with liquid after breaking my water, and I ended up losing quite a bit of blood. I pushed, as hard as I could. I screamed and cried when the doctor tried the forceps before telling him, in a fit of pain and worry, to get those things the fuck out of me. I then cursed once again when he said, "No sissy pushes," and asked if he had ever given birth before telling him to fuck off. I was a mess.

Finally, after a grand total of 28 hours since my contractions began, my son was born on December 3rd. The aniversarry of my great grandmother's passing. No C-Section or episiotomy needed! He weighed a grand total of 7 lbs 5.2 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. We named him Jason David. After his dad and grandpa, respectively.

Samantha didn't really know what to think at first. But, after the first few days, she fell in love with him! She's always smiling at him and making him smile. She's constantly talking to him and giving him kisses and always wants to help.

I never thought that I would make it to where I am now. But I am so beyond happy and blessed that I have.
February 19th, 2019 at 11:02pm