#38 - Beginner's Reflection(5) - Not Motivated? How Could We Overcome It?

Hi, everyone!

Happy weekend! Hope you all have had a great week!

Today, I want to talk about motivation and trying to answer the questions: How could we stay motivated? And what could we do when we are not motivated?

We have to get motivated to do something or we would never do it.

Motivations are not just reasons for doing things, sometimes even you have all the reasons but you are still not motivated to do it.

In writing life, not unusual, we just don't want to write, we have things to write and we think they are worth our dedication, but we don't want to sit down to do it and we have no idea why. But whatever the reason is, if we want to be better and improved, we have to write often, we can't talk to ourselves "Today is not a good day for writing." and expect "Tomorrow is the day." because tomorrow won't be much different from today, if you don't write today for a reason, you won't do it tomorrow for the same reason and after tomorrow too. If you are serious and determined to your writing career, do it today and do it now, no other alternative.

I have had so many non-motivated days and I survived, I have received many helps from other people and learned many activities and tips that would be extremely useful for you to get rid of this bad mental state and pull us back to the right track.

First, ask yourself: Why do I write? I could do this and I could do that, Why did I choose writing which sometimes was hard and not fun? What was the reason? And visualize what your life would be like if you write more and write well, and how you would feel, and then visualize what your life would be like if you quit right now and how you would feel. Comparing these two possible lives would make you refocused and recharged.

Second, put yourself in a right environment and around right people. Human beings are dramatically affected and influenced by environment or surroundings, we feel very different in a party from in a class. Everytime when I get an excuse to procrastinate, I go to Mibba where I read other people's works, which encourages and inspires me, and brings back the energy and the fire immediately.

Third, do physical exercise and meditation. Doing physical exercise would make you feel strong, powerful and fierce, it would release your inner stresses and get you rebalanced. Doing meditation would calm you down and clear your mind, push negative thoughts out and put positive thoughts in.

Fourth, do small tasks. You can see these small tasks like warm ups. No necessarily doing writing, you can go to clean your desk, do some laundry or wash dishes, which would make you feel accomplished, make you feel you have done something and make you want to do more.

Fifth, take a break. If you feel low energy and don't want to write, you can do other things you love to do, such as singing, dancing or drawing, or you can go out to do hiking or have dinner with friends, all these activities would get you refreshed and energetic. Remember, take a short break, not days. :)

Sixth, do self-talking and self-examining. Here is example: you can write down "Ok, right now, I don't want to write anything, I am not motivated and I don't know what to do, why was I doing great yesterday and now not good? Am I a different person today from yesterday? Why can't I write great everyday? I don't know the reason but I have to find a solution or I won't achieve my full potential, which is not what I like. ..." This kind of way to talk to yourself and reflect on the current issue is very efficient and will reorganize your mind into your writing mode.

I really love this episode, because, as a beginner, I always find myself feel non-motivated, and I find these activities and tips are really helpful to overcome this obstacle and do some good writing performance, hope they would be helpful for you.

Thanks all you again for your support and encouragement, without you, I can't write as much as I do right not.

Be inspired and be motivated!

^
June 16th, 2019 at 06:51am