Favorite Songs: The Rasmus Edition.

Despite the blog section being on the fritz, I'm still going to do my weekly blog about music. This week's theme is The Rasmus. Probably one of my favorite bands that hail from Finland. HIM being number one, The Rasmus at number two and The 69 Eyes at number three.

I feel as though, The Rasmus doesn't even get attention as a band. HIM and The 69 Eyes rock it partly because Bam Margera had a hand at bringing their music to the masses through Jackass, Viva La Bam and even the CKY videos he put out prior to Jackass. CKY4 is still my favorite but that's besides the point here.

I'm not fully giving Bam credit here because let's face it, both bands are fucking amazing. It's just they had a little help in America thanks to a certain Jackass alumni.

But anyway, The Rasmus is probably number two favorite Finnish band for a reason. Lauri's voice. His voice is angelic and I love it. So let's just jump into my favorite songs, shall we? I'm going to do a Top 5 with an honorable mention.

Lucifer's Angel- This is the first song I heard from them. My friend told me to download this song and I'm glad she did. This has been one of my favorite songs since. While it's not my favorite song by the band, it still holds a special place in my heart.

October and April ft Anette Olzon- This is my favorite song by the band. This song is just a hauntingly beautiful song. I can't explain it. Plus it has my favorite song line ever... "This fatal love was like poison right from the start" I just love this line so much. God this song is just awe inspiring to me.

Sail Away- I don't know where to begin honestly. It's hard to put words into how much I love the songs from The Rasmus. Especially since all of them are so beautiful. But if I could put together a soundtrack to represent my life, I'll always put this song on there.

In the Shadows- Favorite line: "But I, I'd rather kill myself than turn into their slave". I have no idea why but I think that's just a badass line. And it could be so true, it just depends on the situation. I feel like this song is a cliche mention, but so was Lucifer's Angel if I'm being honest. But I don't care. I love this song.

Dragon into Dreams- This is one of their newer songs. So I'm still trying to get a feel for this song but it's quickly going into the rankings. This song is pretty. I'm not going to lie but I think all of their music is pretty so I'm bias.

Crystalline- Again, one of their newer songs. I love to listening to this when I'm walking to work. It's a nice song to get you pumped up. It has a nice beat to it. Listening to this song makes me wonder why they don't have more success in America.

HONORABLE MENTION
Bittersweet by Apocalytpica ft Lauri from the Rasmus and Ville from HIM. This song is sex. the end.

Here are my ideas for next week's theme.

FAVORITE SONGS FROM:
The 69 Eyes
Marilyn Manson
Cradle of Filth
or
Nightwish
June 23rd, 2019 at 11:57pm