#84 - Beginner's Reflection(50) - Analyzing a Book(II) - The Author

#84 - Beginner's Reflection(50) - Analyzing a Book(II) - The Author

Hi, everybody!

Great day and a new exciting exploration!

Let's continue our journey of analyzing Radha Agrawal's book "Belong".

Every book has at least an author, the author writes what she or he wants the world to hear.

Everyone is different, so we have so many different books, which is the beauty of variance, like colors.

To analyze a book, we have to analyze its author first, the following questions would help us to do that:

. Who is the author?

. What is her book all about?

. Why did the author write this book?

. Why did this author not other people, you or me, write this book?

Now, let's who wrote the book "Belong":

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name: Radha Agrawal

Gender: Female

Age: 30s

Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA.

Family:

Father: From India

Mother: From Japan

Sisters: A identical twin Miki and an older sister, Yuri.

Relationship: A boyfriend, Eli.

Career: The Co-founder, CEO, and Chief Community Architect of Daybreaker; Co-founder of
THINX and LiveItUp.

Reputation: A highly recognized entrepreneur , speaker, inventor, and investor; Named by MTV as “one of 8 women who will change the world.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next question: What is her book all about?

From the title and the subtitle, "Belong: Find Your People, Create Community & Live a More Connected Life", this book is about:

. How to find right people you can connect with.

. How to create a more connected community where everyone can help and support each other.

. How to live a more connected life.

After known the author and what she wrote, then let's see why she wrote this book, I will quote some segment from the book:

. "When I turned thirty, I realized I didn’t belong". At the very begin, the author tells the reader how she was feeling in that period of her life.

. "..., when I had an epiphany while looking at myself in the mirror: I didn’t look happy." Even she was living in a very busy city, New York City, and "Other than with my identical twin sister, Miki, and a small group of friends whom I loved but rarely saw because they were scattered around the globe, I didn’t really feel a strong sense of belonging anywhere."

. After she turned thirty, she decided that she had to change her social life, she wanted to find people she could connect with and create great communities she could enjoy, so that she could feel connected and belonged, and eventually she did it. In this book, the author shares her ideas , experience and strategies that will teach the reader how to live a more connected live.

Now, the last question and the most important one: Why did she, Radha Agrawal, not anyone else, not her identical twin Miki or her older sister Yuri or her boyfriend Eli or you or me, write this book?

Millions of people were living in New York, lots of them was women and feeling the same as the author, they were very smart too and they also had a very busy lives, why Radha Agrawal wrote this book, not others. This is a very interesting but at the same time very complex question, there are probably some following reasons:

. Very unique background. Her family and personal experience.

. Her personality. She is very determined and action-orientated person, loving people and so on.

. Her personal life goals and dreams. She wanted to have a connected life.

. Very successful in her career.

. She loves to write and read.

. She has many friends who write books and has received lots of help from them.

...

As I said that the reason why people write books is because they have something to share with the world, and everyone has a different life and a very different perspective, so we have so many different books in the world.

As writers, from today's analysis of the author, we have learned that we can't just copy or imitate other people, we have to write from our own mind and our own heart.

Alright, that's all for now and next chapter I will talk about book design, hope you will like it.

Thanks for reading and let's know more authors!

Be open and be connected!

^
August 7th, 2019 at 06:25am