The Darkness That Drowns My Sorrows

As i walk through those halls- the halls that surround me and shape my "education", those halls that envelope me into the dreadful awakening of who i am determined to be- i stare at those who stare at me. Those people that don't really care, don't really understand, don't really notice, don't really see what's going on around them. People chugging liqour and vodka every night, inhaling their addictions, injecting poison into their dull veins, prank calling the police about a bomb threat, and people who wander all alone through this box of captivity. These people surround me and drown me. Why don't you see these people? Is it because you are part of these people? I hope you aren't. Why am I the only one that seems to notice all the lonliness, all the sorrow, and all the hurt that glitters out of every tearful eye? I come to an understanding that you can't see what I see. You can't hear what I hear. You can't feel what I feel. Is this a good or a bad thing? I don't drown my sorrows using what you use. Is that because I don' t have access to the things you have access to? Definitely not. You people that depress me, that make me cry myself to sleep at night, that make me cringe- you people are my friends. Why do I waste my precious time on things that I don't even have a purpose being part of? I see you, you know exactly who I am talking about, I see you cry. Though you may not cry physically, I see you falling apart on the inside of you inner self. I see your mind losing it's track and veering off into places you shouldn't even know exist. You must be easily influenced if you do these things. Or you're just dieing, literally dieing, for a way out of you sorrows, a way out of your sadness, and way out of you pain and cries. I see you. Don't hide from me. I'm not hiding from you. Please share with me, cry with me, stay with me, talk to me, just be with me. Please, cry. Please stay. Please talk. Please just be with me, just be with me.
November 13th, 2007 at 04:13am