Gerard Way signing in London - 14/11/07

On Tuesday my carers changed over and Susan drove down to London so we would be ready to join the queue in the morning. We did a dummy run to the store to see if they had come to their senses about tickets… but… no. People were queuing already… eep! We decided then it was an up by 5am day and get there as soon as we could.

So, next day all bleary eyed there we were… still in the dark, ffs! We got numbered and I was 170 so we all settled to wait… for 5 hours in an alley, oh the joy! I felt ill and was slowly freezing to death so that was nice, lol! Ended up in about 18 layers, two scarves, mittens and a hat… fetching outfit. Can't say much about the wait except it was cold! Had two girls near us, one was called Beth but I can't remember the other ones name… sorry!! They both started drinking at about 10am (wards off the cold I guess) Everyone was friendly and we even had a bit of a sing-a-long until the staff shut us up… meanies!

Then they pulled me away from the queue and sat me in a delivery bay by myself. I was there when Gerard arrived to screams and then the bay was shut down and finally I was out of the wind. To celebrate I took my mittens off (bad move) and just listened to everyone. Gerard came through and said hi. Then someone else came through and I looked and thought 'that looks like Mikey'… that'd be because it was! I just smiled when he looked over. When he went into the store the opened to bay again and I froze to the point of pain!

About 15 minutes later I got called in and was sent towards Gerard (and got walked on, yey… staff said it was inevitable… um, no it didn't have to happen) who was behind a desk twice the height of me. First words he heard me say were to the security which was… 'you are taking the piss…' he wasn't meant to hear them but he did, laughed and said 'I'll come down to you.'

So he did and wow, he's quite short! I gave him my card (woo, professional) and messages from AOL (and beyond) and he kept saying thank you. Then I think he thought I was shaking through nerves so he reached to grab and squeeze my hand. I was actually shivering so his hot hand was like tipping boiling water on me so I jumped away and then whimpered (Shoot me now). He gave me a look of pity which I hate directed at me so I bit my lip. He signed my comic with thanks so much, after looking at my card to check how to spell Angie (??) and asked if I'd be at the gig the next night. I said yes and he said he'd see me the next night.

I went home after that and straight to sleep, lol!
November 17th, 2007 at 08:31pm