Casey Calvert [[RIP]]

If you didn't already know, Casey Calvert, guitarist of Hawthorne Heights, died in his sleep last night. He was only 26 years old.

Image

This was taken off the band's myspace blog:

Today is probably the worst day ever. It's with our deepest regrets that we have to write this. Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night. We found out this afternoon before sound-check. We've spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we're not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal. Please, out of respect to Casey and his family, don't contribute or succumb to any gossip you may hear. We don't want his memory to be tainted in the least.

Casey was our best friend. He was quirky and awesome and there will truly be no others like him! His loss is unexplainable. As soon as we know more we will let you know.

Sincerely
Hawthorne Heights
Eron, JT, Micah and Matt


Image

Casey was an amazing guitar player/singer. He was also one of the sweetest people that I've ever met. I was privaleged enough to meet/talk with him at Warped Tour this past summer. He loved what he did, and was more then willing to chill with his fans for however long they wanted. He will be greatly missed.

If you have a chance, please post something about his death. Maybe to you, Casey was just that guy who played guitar. Maybe you don't even like Hawthorne Heights. But to someone, Casey Calvert was a hero. An idol. And I know if this was your idol who passed, you would want to see some posts/bullitens about it, because you wouldn't want to feel as if you were going through this alone. You would want people to celebrate the life they lived and show that they care too.

My deepest sympathy goes out to Casey's family, friends, and all who were close to him.

Image
aaaaaaa1981-2007
You will be forever missed <3
November 25th, 2007 at 01:37pm