The Wildhearts - Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton - 17/12/07

If you want a great night full of fantastic rock and roll, then you should have been at the Wildhearts gig on Monday night (17th December 2007 @ Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton)!

I've loved this band ever since I was 14 - 15 and have been to watch them a couple of times years ago and even then they rocked big time. My husband knew how much I liked them, so he managed to get two tickets for us (even though he wasn't too familiar with them apart from the hits they had in the charts). I've just got to say that we both had a wonderful evening.

Unfortunately, we didn't get into Wolvo in time to see the support bands (Damone and Wolfsbane; two very good bands), but the Wildhearts more than made up for this when they came on.

Ginger, CJ, Scott and Rich ripped through a fantastic set list including, "Sick of Drugs", "I Wanna Go Where The People Go", "TV Tan", "My Baby Is A Headfuck", "Geordie in Wonderland" (amongst other amazing classics), they also went through some of their new stuff off their self-titled album, "The Wildhearts" (obviously including the sublime, "Rooting For The Bad Guys").

It was also Ginger's birthday which bought the whole audience together to sing (in unison) "Happy Birthday To You". Roughly a quarter-ish of the way through the gig, the audience were told that this gig was being recorded and that some (if not all) of it would be featured in their up and coming live DVD, which, as you can imagine, drove people insane!

The surprise of the night came when they did a cover of the theme tune to the American sitcom, "Cheers" - "Making the way in the world today takes everything you got. Making your way through all your worries sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you wanna go....", come on now, all together, "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see your troubles are all the same; you wanna be where everybody knows your name". Just wonderful.

What topped the evening off though is that a lovely (if not quite drunk) bloke called Tom let us go to the back bar so that we could get a chance to meet the band. Thanks to him I met CJ, Scott and Rich and managed to get photo's with them too. Unfortunately, we never got to meet the main man Ginger. It was such a shame, but I'm sure there was a perfectly good reason why he couldn't come to meet us. Ginger mate, hope everything's ok, I really do.

I just want to say to all the guys; I loved you so much when I was younger and I love you even more know. This was a great night of proper rock 'n' roll. I danced, sang and laughed as you put on a fantastic show with great band/audience banter; the perfect combination.

Make sure you get back to Wolverhampton soon fella's - we love ya!
December 20th, 2007 at 04:26am