This isn't really christmas musings. I'm tragically against the status quo, right?

So yeah, been a while since I wrote one of these. Always is ^_^

Boyfriend and I broke up. That whole love thing kinda...stopped I think. To cut a long story short, I couldn't handle it and acted like a complete shit 'cause I didn't wanna be the one to end it.

Slightly longer version, we argued and I declared a "break" for the weekend. There was a lot going on in my head. A logn flirtation had been occuring with a guy in the year above me, who'd screwed over a couple of my mates. I can't say I liked him, and it was pretty much so I could screw. Sam didn't see it like that.

I'd also drunkenly promised a 19 year old a lot of things the day before the break between Sam and I. A taken 19 year old.

It took me until friday night to realise even if me and Sam were on a break for a weekend, I couldn't do what me and the older guy had planned. Sam did not deserve that.

Somehow the break turned into a break-up though, when sam turned up to a gig that night with a new girlfriend. I got what I deserved.

Spent the next couple weeks making out with people left, right and centre. Made the most out of my new freedom ^^

The crush I'd put on hold while with Sam, I realised could come off hold. Another complicated story cut short: On a saturday he found out I liked him and liked me but thought I didn't actually like him and was distracted by my best friend, who also liked him. He got "confused" and decided he "had to choose". I made the decision for him when I realised I preferred his best friend, and he preferred mine.

Am now dating (kinda) said best friend.

The moral of this pathetic story?

Things don't tend to work out like you expect I guess.

Sometimes you get lucky and they're quite a bit better.

And once again I'm gonna say love. I'm not making last times mistake though. I'm not IN love. I could never push far enough to be in.

(And yeah, I followed through with the promises to the 19 year old. It'd be rude not to 0=) )
December 26th, 2007 at 03:56am