Honda Civic Tour [May 22]

The night before May 22 was a night of thinking, and getting nervous. Around 10 o' clock that night my brother, Fred, and his girlfriend, Jackie, had come by the house to pick us up. Nicole and I were going to be staying the night in his apartment in Pittsburgh, and would be leaving for the concert after noon on May 22.

It took about two hours to get to Pittsburgh with my brother's driving, and we were at the apartment at about midnight. For three hours after we watched my brother's friends play Guitar Hero 2. Nicole had asked to play, being herself and energetic, and they quickly accepted. My brother's one friend (I never figured out his name) had tried to get me to play, but I was too shy, and didn't want to embarrass myself.

At about three o' clock my body had told me that it was time to crash; I fell asleep on my brother's couch. Within minutes I continuously woke up. It wasn't the fact that Guitar Hero 2 was too loud, but the fact that I was way too excited for what was coming. About four my brother's friends decided it was time to leave, since they had school in the morning. From what I'm telling you, you could probably guess that Nicole and I were playing "hookie". But who would want to go to school when you can see four of your idols perform right in front of you?

About noon Nicole and I woke up, and decided to make our way over to Fred's computer. Nicole got on Jackie's, while I got on this wonderful site to inform those who were on we were leaving soon. After about one, Friend and Jackie had gotten up, and Nicole and I made our way over to the PS2 to get some Guitar Hero 2 in. I was immediately addicted, and slightly better than Nicole, but I was only on Easy and she was on Medium.

At about four-thirty we left, since Fred only lives fifteen minutes from the Post-Gazette Pavilion. Although we did get lost for about fifteen minutes, we were there at five. After we parked, and got out of the car I saw people walking around, selling Fall Out Boy posters, and editorials. I decided to buy a t-shirt before I bought anything else. So, we made our way to the gates.

The security guards checked us for any guns or bombs, and we were fine. We walked in, and I couldn't believe how many people were there. A lot of them were wearing Fall Out Boy shirts, like I presumed. Nicole and I immediately ran over to the line for the shirts, with Jackie and Fred slowly walking behind us.

They opened up with Cobra Starship. Nicole and I missed the first song they played, due to the long line at the T-shirt counter and the line at the drink stand. But, as we made our way to our seats (I, unfortunately, do not remember what row we were in, but we were right under the end of the pavilion, and I sat in seat 32.) we listened to the lyrics flowing from the lead singers voice. They were truly amazing; the music and the lyrics fell together so perfectly. As their set ended, The Academy Is... came on.

I've only really heard one song from them, and that was "We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands". But, I think they played that better in person. As their set ended, Paul Wall came on.

I got bored, sitting and listening to the annoying rap that filled my ears. I could hear nothing but Paul Wall's lyrics, which slightly annoyed me. Rap just isn't in my vocabulary towards music. For me, it's Retards Attempting Poetry.

As his set had finally got off stage, you could see Travis get up to his drums as Mark Hoppus came out on stage. During their first song Fred gave Nicole and I $3.50 to go get a pretzel, so we did. While walking to the pretzel stand I looked up at the tons of people sitting on the lawn. I was thankful that my mom scrounged up enough money for four tickets to sit under the pavilion. On our way back there was a small stand set up where you could by editorials. I, of course, took the one with Pete on the cover and Andy, Patrick, Joe, and Pete down the left hand side. On the top it says "Post-Gazette Pavilion * May 22, 2007" It was something that I will treasure for forever. We made our way back to our seats, and watched the rest of +44 set. I have two pictures of them.

As their set came to an end, we had to wait as the crew set up the stage. I told Nicole how I thought it would be cool to set up the stage for bands. She agreed.

After what seemed like an eternity the screen behind the stage began to flash, showing Pete, Andy, Joe, and Patrick. Random pictures of the "Happy Tree Friends" from "The Carpel Tunnel Of Love" showed, and random picture of Pete with devil horns showed as well. The crowd, including Nicole and I, were majorly excited, and going wild. Soon, the intro to "Thriller" began and you could hear Patrick sing with the entire crowd singing along.

During a little break Pete began to change on stage. The girls (maybe some guys) went nuts. There was a box that was set up behind Pete's microphone and he walked into that. He took his coat and shirt off, and began to unbutton his belt when the entire box went blurry. The crowed went "aww". It was pretty funny.

Through out the show they played:

-Golden
-The Carpel Tunnel Of Love
-A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"
-Sugar, We're Going Down
-This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

and a couple of others from their earlier albums.

But, alas, it came to an end for Nicole and I. My brother made us leave after "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race", also known as "Fall Out Boy's National Anthem". As we walked up to the car we could hear "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" and I sang along, since I knew every word to the lyrics. Fred and Jackie, my brother's girlfriend, were very weirded out, but Nicole wasn't.

It truly was the best night of my life, and I have yet to forget anything that happened. It will continue on with me for the rest of my life.

Also, I've come to realize that Dirty is pretty funny. I was upset though, when he had a T-Shirt blaster and didn't blast a T-shirt in Nicole and my direction.

--Notice that I edited this over the time.. I made it longer and put more details into it--
January 6th, 2008 at 09:36am