Fanfiction Recs.

Basically, this is just me pointing fanfiction lovers in the direction of some really good stories which they can read when they're bored or something. I thought these pieces were definitetly worth mentioning outside of LJ, and they truly are a wonderful little read.

This is going to be LONG. I'm doing this purely because I need to keep myself occupied. I find doing this fun actually, ahhha.

A livejournal link heavy journal entry. Mostly My Chemical Romance fanfiction, but I'm sure some of them involve other cameos from other bands.

Let's start, shall we.

The Brandy Of The Damned.
MCR - GENERAL FICTION

Horror/ghost genre. PG13.

This is the reason why I'm writing this right now. THIS is the fic I've been waiting my whole life to read, and I'm unable to think coherently when someone mentions it. Taken from Bob's point of view, the MCR boys take a detour on their way to a venue, only to end up in a town populated by the dead.

I think I love the interaction between all of them best. It feels like it's real, and that it has actually happened. My favourite characters throughout though? The Way brothers. You'll see.

It sorely depends of what you like in fanfiction, but this is already a special favourite of mine and I know I'll be reading it multiple times in the future.

Forever, Now.
MCR ft. Brian Schechter, Brendon Urie, Various others - ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

Comedy/angst genre. PG13.

In which Gerard and Mikey Way are homeless children, and Brian becomes their adoptive father. Uh, okay. However you interpreted that summary, the actual story is MUCH BETTER than that. I promise.

I wasn't too sure about reading it the first time, but when I did, I mentally slapped myself for not getting into it sooner. If you search around the author's journal, you should find some more pieces that are set after this story which are very enjoyable reads. ENJOYABLE.

Radio Static.
MCR ft. Pete Wentz - PAIRINGS

Angst genre. PG13. Frank/Pete and Pete/Mikey.

I'm pretty much all for the Pete/Mikey pairing anyway, but I think it was the Frank/Pete one that got me interested in this story. It's such a rare pairing, and the way the author interprets them in this story is kind of awesome. It makes me want to read more Frank/Pete.

It's a simple sort of story, and it makes me wonder why I or anyone else hadn't thought of something like it. It's well-written and lovely.

No sex whatsoever in this story.

A Life Shaped In Sharpie.
MCR - PAIRINGS

Cuteness genre. PG13, for swearing. Gerard/Frank.

Okay, I must talk about this particular one. It's short, but this story is set in a particular way I haven't seen before and I might just love it. This is one of the rare fluffy Frerard's that I actually LIKE, and Frank's notes make my heart swell to massive proportions. Frank!

Holy Water Like Cheap Whiskey.
MCR - ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

Suspense/Action/Horror genre. PG13. SPN Crossover

I'm not sure if horror is the right word for this, but... it has demons in it. Anyway, here's a question, what do you get when you cross the Way brothers with Supernatural adventures? an amazing demon-hunting work of amazing fiction, that's what. This is another special favourite of mine, not just because there is a healthy dose of brotherly love in there, but because it's a Supernatural crossover. Really, guys, demons, ghosts, rituals! I've said enough.

The Year Of Living Safely.
MCR - GENERAL FICTION

Angst/Comedy genre. PG13.

ONE MORE ONE MORE. This is a long one - I think it took me about a day and a half to finish? It was very good though. A post-sobriety fic which trails onto the events AFTER Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, and when the band arrive at the Paramour. Quite honestly, nearer the end, I was this close to hugging my computer screen. A wonderful, wonderful story if you have the patience to read it all the way through.

Oh, there may be some Frank/Gerard. I'm not too sure. I'm pretty sure there are no lust-induced shenanigans, but just a warning though.

THE END.

Oh, how I love Livejournal.
April 11th, 2008 at 05:00pm