Interesting day, to say the least...

So, I go to bed this morning around two-ish, right? Only to be awakened by my windows, walls, floor, and bed shaking at five thirty in the morning. I was seriously scared to death. I had no idea what was going on, until I turned on the news. Come to find out, there had been an earthquake, with the magnitude of 5.2 on the Richter scale, about 100-150 (I don't know for sure) miles west of here.

Some of you are probably thinking, "Well, if I woke up to my bed and house shaking, I'm pretty sure I'd come to the conclusion that it was an earthquake on my own." Well, let me explain.

1. I live next to a railroad.
2. I live close to a limestone factory that crushes limestone daily.
3. I live semi-close to Crane, which is a government-owned company that produce, and test, military weapons.

So, you see, there could have been a number of things that could have explained it.

This was the second earthquake I'd experienced, but the first one only made the ground kind of vibrate, and I didn't think anything of it. But, this one, however, really startled me.

The initial earthquake itself only lasted about thirty seconds, but at around eleven thirty in the morning, the after-shock came.

All-in-all, today was interesting. haha Sorry this entry was kind of stupid, but I just wanted to share my earthquake story. lol

xox--Jess
April 19th, 2008 at 06:36am