My dream with John Lennon

I had the most wonderful dream the other night, and it featured one of the most wonderful men: John Lennon.

It was a strange dream, even I get a little confused when I try to recall it. I'll try my best to tell it well. (Heehee, that rhymed.)

The first thing I remember about my dream is a sense of nervousness. It wasn't fearful nervousness, or any other bad kind. I was just... nervous.

Then I realize that I'm getting ready for something. I'm blow drying and partilly curling my hair, my cheeks flushed as hurridly did my elaborate make-up perfectly. (When I woke up, I knew it was a dream, because I can NEVER do anything perfect in a hurry.) Then I slid on this dress that looked it came out of a Sixties' clothing magazine. The doorbell rang (Yet another sign that this was a dream; our house is doorbell-less.), and when I answered it, John Lennon was standing in the doorway. Apparently, we were going on a double-date, meeting our friends at the resteraunt.

That is the part of the dream that I found strange. Don't get me wrong, I love John, but I've never thought about him in that way. And I still haven't.

So we hop in a car (I can't remember who was driving) and drive off to our destination, arriving there shortly.

This is when it starts to get freaky.

My friends Rainbow and Ringo are already at a table in the crowded resturaunt. John and I make our way to them. I don't remember any waiters/waitresses, but I do remember eating shrimp cocktail. Lots and lots of shrimp cocktail. Everybody was behaving like in that scene from Magical Mystery Tour, the one where Aunt Jessie is dreaming about eating spaghetti. So we're all laughing and having a blast, never having to ask for more dinner because our plates would magically refill themselves without any thought. John made some joke, and I just started laughing so hard. I wish I could remember that joke...

But it gets late, so John decides to take me home, where ever that was.This time, someone else was definitely driving because John and I were both in the back seat.

This is the part that lingers most in my mind.

John was sitting in the middle, and I was in his lap, curled up against his chest. We were talking, I can't remember what about. We were whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears, I suppose. But I was clinging to the white collar of his shirt, my head leaning against his chest, the top of my head barely touching his chin.I was listening to his heart.

I'm postitive that was when I was close to waking up, because the car ride stretched on for what seemed like forever and I never wanted to leave. I just wanted to stay curled up in John's lap, clinging to his shirt and listening to his heartbeat to ensure he was alive while he stroked my hair and whispered words of comfort to me. I had started to feel like a child after that, a little girl in her big brother's lap, being protected from the monsters of the world. It was type of comfort I have seldom recieved.

But I did eventually wake up. And when I did, you can bet your band tees I cried.

Peace and Love. <3O~
April 21st, 2008 at 02:18am