Mindless Self Indulgence last night

Mindless Self Indulgence - Birmingham
Ever had one of those days when everything that can go wrong does? Yeah? Imagine having one of those on the day of a gig you have been looking forward to since you got the tickets. I'll tell you something for nothing, it means that when you finally arrive you do so stressed!

So, what did we not need when we got there? A security woman insistant that we can't use the car park to park in. Word with the boss sorted that but she said we were to park outside of the barrier so no bus spotting for us. So we park and head off on the search for much needed alcohol! In doing this I went past a friend of mine... sorry Kayliegh, next time!! The pub we aimed for was shut, argh... but we found one and had a drink.

I had spiked my pigtails so I got some odd looks there! Still, I wasn't the only nutcase with hair gel in Birmingham that day... even if I was in that pub!! I didn't car cos in my hand was vodka! I then found my phone had failed to send a pic earlier that day so I resent that.

Back to the venue and inside we go. It seemed like ages later when the support band came on and managed not to say their name, lol. Temple Pex is a guess for the three guys with songs called falling stars, catch 22 and utopia. They came from Manchester I think the singer said but... could be wrong! They were good though, whoever they were!!

Then MSI and OMG the energy of them. Kitty was restrained by the drum kit but the other three were leaping about all the time. Lyn-Z fell down near the beginning (I only saw it out of the corner of my eye as I was watching Jimmy) and it was so hard and fast that I don't think it was planned. Jimmy went over to look down... he didn't help her up though... typical man!

He got some girl onstage to sing and she looked terrified... don't think she knew the words! Then he was shouting for bras which he tried to put on (!) then it all ended with everyone singing a Mary Poppins song!

After they came out but they were downstairs so I had no way down and had to watch... bah!!

Good night, if short... over by 9.30!
April 26th, 2008 at 06:10pm