Hope, Death, House, and EOTCs

My grandmother is dead.

It's sort of sad to say, but I'm not like weeping. I'm relieved; she's no longer caught in between living and not. And at least I got to see her one last time before she passed.

Also, I suppose I should mention that Friday at 1:30, my great-aunt -- my grandma's sister -- passed as well. Grandma was not told this because it would have pushed her over the edge. However, that was a useless idea . . . because my grandma died anyway this Monday morning. So maybe they're both floating around in Heaven or whatever with their little sister who died a few years back. (Now the only surviving Keefe is Elmer, their brother.)

The funeral is Friday, and I hope I can go. I don't know though because I might have an EOCT, end of course test.

Anyway, I have an EOCT in Geometry tomorrow and I probably should get to sleep but I'm watching House, one of my favorite shows. House made one comment that I found very funny.

"Gregory House."

"Ah yes, I've heard your name," responded the new guy.

"Yes, many people have; it's also a noun."

Hugh Laurie is brilliant. I love him and the characters he plays. He always gets the bad guy to play, but I've heard that in real life he's a sweetheart. Who knows, right?

Oh, House just said something else: "Hope is for sissies."

That's semi-true. Hope when taken to the extreme is a bad thing when what you are hoping for doesn't happen. Then you are left with despair at having what you don't want, and the severe disappointment of even thinking you could have whatever it was you wanted. Therefore, to hope is to set yourself up for displeasure.

On the other hand, if you don't hope, you can't really consider yourself alive -- because to be alive you have to wish for things, sometimes merely for survival.

So hope is okay if and only if you don't go crazy with it. And I am ruthlessly over thinking this. I think too much.

I asked my friend Jared how he thought he was going to die. He said that white people would lynch him.

"Okay," I replied. "I think I'll probably die of stress."

Well, I appreciate whoever read through this crap. Leave a comment and it won't take anymore time from you.
May 6th, 2008 at 04:23am