5/6/08 - Third My Chemical Romance concert.

Yesterday, I took a four hour road trip to go see My Chemical Romance and trust me, it was completely worth it.

Since we got stuck in traffic only twenty or so miles away, we got there just ten minutes before the doors open, so there wasn't much of a wait. So, the line moved pretty fast and when I got to the door to be patted down, they were a little hesitant to let my "Keep the Faith" sign I made. However, both the security guards allowed me to take it in.

I got in and the place wasn't packed yet, so I got fairly close to the stage and finally, for my first concert, I could actually see the whole stage because everyone in front of me was short. We didn't wait long until Drive By came on the stage and performed. On the right side of the stage, you could also see Mikey bobbing his head to the music from where I was standing.

They were okay, by the way. After that, the techs. got back on and fixed up the stage, but they didn't uncover Bob's drum set and left the little drum set that Drive By had used to on the stage, which was a little suspicious.

So, the lights dimmed and all of a sudden people walk on the stage with white masks covering their faces. And I started to get the feeling that it was Taking Back Sunday, since it had been rumored that they would be there or something along that line. Of course, when they took the masks off and threw them out into the crowd, it was TBS.

They crowd lightened up a little bit, but there was still no pit action.

So, they got off and the techs. finally uncovered Bob's drum set and after a few minutes of them messing around with things and us getting water thrown on us, the lights dimmed yet again, and the place went crazy.

The first song they played was "Give 'Em Hell, Kid" and I was in the wrong spot. I was getting shoved everywhere and before you knew it was shoved out into a pit that they had been trying to form. My eyes seriously went wide and I recall saying, "Oh, shit" and ran out of it into the middle of the crowd.

The set went like this if you want to know:
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
This Is How I Disappear
Sharpest Lives
I'm Not Okay
My Way Home Is Through You
Headfirst For Halos
Prison
Cancer
House of Wolves
Thank You For The Venom
Sleep
Welcome to the Black Parade
Teenagers
I Don't Love You
Famous Last Words
Kill All Your Friends
Dead!
Mama
Desert Song
Helena

At the end of Helena, I decided to hold up my sign where the music was still playing and Gerard was thanking all of us for coming. And when I did, I swear he looked right at it and nodded at me, and I just got a new prescription of contacts, so I can see pretty well right now.

Overall, the concert was fucking amazing and I plan that after their break, I will defiantly go and see them.
May 7th, 2008 at 09:53pm