My Chemical Romance Concert ; May 7, 2008

Hey my fellow Mibbians!

Well, as you may or may not know, I went to the MCR show last night at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. It was definitely the BEST day of my entire life, with no exaggeration whatsoever. Shall I tell the story?

Here are the songs they played...

Bullets:
Headfirst For Halos

Revenge:
Give 'Em Hell, Kid (opener)
Prison
I'm Not Okay
Thank You For The Venom
Cemetery Drive
Helena (last song)

TBP:
This Is How I Dissapear
Dead!
Welcome To The Black Parade
I Don't Love You
House of Wolves
Cancer (made me cry!)
Mama
Sleep
Teenagers
Famous Last Words

Other:
My Way Home Is Through You
Desert Song

Now to get into the concert...
Drive By and TBS were great, but nothing compared to the rush I got when MCR came on. First, Bob came on the stage and I couldn't stop smiling. Then came Mikey, Ray (he let his hair grow reaaallllly long!), Frank...but it was when Gerard came on that I lost it. I couldn't stop crying, mainly because I couldn't believe that my biggest hero was standing only feet away from me, and that this day that I'd waited so long for was finally here. Anyway, "Give 'Em Hell, Kid" was an amazing opener, and I sang every word.

After "This Is How I Dissapear" and "Dead!" (in which Gerard played an awesome tambourine), Gerard started talking to the crowd. There was a table next to where I was standing, so I stood up on it and held up the light up feather boa that I intended to give to him.

Gerard: Don't give us beads or any of that shit, we're My Chemical Romance, you know?
*I stand up, light up the boa, and Gerard looks at me.*
Gerard: I'll take boas, though.

I just about died right there. xDD Unfortunately, there was no one to pass it up to the stage so it never got to him. But at least he noticed it! =D

The rest of the concert was amazing, complete with a little bit of Waycest, some Frerard teasing, and Frank even rapped the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" theme song, which was possible the CUTEST thing I have EVER seen. =)

Sadly, I missed "Helena", which was the last song, but it was all worth it because I got a great spot, right at the barricade out in the back. Soon other people joined me in hopes that MCR would come out, and it took 20 minutes, but Mikey finally came out, holding a box of pizza, smiling, and waving. He is absolutely ADORABLE in person.

In the next 15 or so minutes, I had the pleasure of seeing Brian Schechter (who smiled when I waved at him!), Donna Way (who had the best MCR jeans ever.), and Bob walking on the ramp from the equipment truck. =D

About a couple seconds after seeing Bob, the back door opened again, and guess who walked out?

None other than Gerard Arthur Way.

As soon as I saw him coming down the steps, I swear to God my heart STOPPED. I was extremely lightheaded but it was the best feeling in the world, especially when he smiled at me when I waved to him.

After Gerard came out, I waited for another half-hour or so, but, sadly, no one else came out. But I was extremely satisfied with what I'd seen that night and just that was good enough for me. xD

So, basically, I am SO glad I had the chance to see MCR live again! I'm seeing them tomorrow in Madison Square Garden too, and I can't wait! <3333

xoxo
Amanda Way
May 8th, 2008 at 11:38pm