Prom Night [8.5.08]

T'was my prom last night. Unlike American schools (I think? correct me if I'm wrong) we only get one prom, which is set at the end of our last year in school. It's an exciting time! It was so and so on the social side, but a good night overall.

First up, I arrived at my friend's house and waited for the others while we chatted and got ready. Our ride was early, but one of the girl's was very, very late, and so the chauffeur had to leave because he had another pick-up booked. Estimated time to leave was twenty to seven, the time we actually step foot in the car was five past seven.

Car trip, nervous giggles, talking to the chauffeur blah blah.

When we got to the hotel, people were outside waiting to see what everyone came in. A varied amount of limos in all colours and makes, a horse drawn carriage, chryslers & other posh cars, etc. The boys were all clumped together, smoking cigars; it was an amusing sight.

Image
Oh yes. And fire engines.

Image
Photos were taken; compliments exchanged. I really wish that was a tiny umbrella I had. Did I mention it rained all night? typical.

The night started off sort of slow, but give or take an hour or two, basically everyone of us were on the dancefloor. I was pretty uneasy about it at first, but people felt the need to drag me up there, so what the hell? I can't say I was any good, but no one complained so I take that as a good sign.

The teachers danced as well, some really going for it. XD I could also mention some of the boys, ahem, dance moves and styles. In a chunk, they went from breakdancing, to moshing, to scarily practiced slow dancing with random girls depending on the song.

Image

They played a whole hefty amount of music - dance, rock, pop, and cheesy dance music. Sometime during the Conga (haha.), My bag burst open and my camera and compact fell out without me realizing. I freaked out when I noticed the camera was gone for serious (it's digital! and not mine!), thus, I missed the tutor class photo trying to find it. The DJ amazingly had it -for which I owe my soul- and I found my compact too. Except all of the inside had fallen out with it and didn't notice the power mark on my dress until afterwards, but anyway...

The ending song was Time Of Your Life by Green Day, which okay, I thought I'd be so happy to see the back of my school quite honestly, but damn, I was so nostalgic when that song came on. Our head of year then came on stage and said nice, sugar coated words, which was too near emotional for me. Didn't cry, but others did.

They then let us out the back door, and I waited in the rain for my ride home.

In conclusion:
Image
Dancing teachers! The boys showing love and support! ahahhha.
May 9th, 2008 at 08:04pm